Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Song! Please give opinions (Stick and fretless content)

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Palomorado, May 18, 2005.

1. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    you have an awesome singer

This song sounds a bit derivative of Evanessence, though.

2. I thought it was pretty good. It's not really my kind of music, but I agree with the above comments. The singer sounds like a star, and the recording sounds quite good (though I am just listening on a small pair of computer speakers).

I really like the sound of the electric guitar...very tastefully done. I was glad it didn't go into a really overblown solo with heavy distortion ala Creed (like you hear all these bands on the radio doing these days).

I could see this kind of music being really popular with a lot of people. I bet you get lots of nice gigs, too.

3. The singer has an amazing voice. No doubt this will be big among the whole 'mellow music' croud. I could easily see some coffe shops buying into your music, and defenitly even bigger venues. Is the cello in the begining synth? I like the switch between the whole mellow/overdrive feel. Two thumbs up, your bands a keepr!

4. the rest of our stuff is more heavy...this is one of the chilled out ones.

the cello is actually played...i had to write the part out in notation and everything.

thanks for the comments!

5. You bet!!!

6. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    Very nice. To echo the above, the singer is very good.

I enjoyed the bottom end as well. You're not doing a whole lot technically with the bass, but it suits the song well and gives it some real balls on a song which otherwise is rather sweet. I like the juxtaposition of the two.

7. Thanks!

I'll be posting some of the heavier stuff later!

8. golden_boy

golden_boy

Dec 27, 2004
    definately didnt go in the direction i was expecting - which is always a good thing :)

I like it. I would like to hear some of your heavier stuff too :)

9. thanks for the comments!

more tunes coming soon!