1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New song

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ben Lesser, Sep 28, 2008.

1. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6929182

"The Wind Howled Dirges Around the Chimney"

It's a pretty miserable day here, with a hurricane brushing by, so I felt it was a suitable piece.

I cannot stress enough how much I love reverb.

I know it doesn't have bass and whatnot, but I find these days I'd rather keep my bass playing to a live environment/with other people, and I'd rather compose with Reason.

2. T3H Bassist

T3H Bassist

Sep 28, 2008
    I like it, it has a very pink floyd feel to it

3. I like it!

Very film soundtracky!

4. Thank you. :) I confess to not having listened a ton of a Pink Floyd, so I'm not entirely sure how you mean, but it's a good thing either way. ;)

Thanks! That's what I was going for. :) I love film music. One of my biggest influences.

5. Yeah, me too.

Always wanted to compose stuff like you have, didnt know you could do it reason.

Are you using a midi keyboard? plus have you ever used something like sibelius for your compositions? Its always caught my eye

6. Just going to give this one casual bump to see if there are any more comments. :)

Yeah, I use a MIDI keyboard for everything. I've heard of Sibelius, but I've never used it. I usually just sit down with an idea and BS around until I get something to work with. :)