1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW SONGS!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by mellowinman, Jun 19, 2014.

1. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Tonight was new song night at the rehearsal space.

1. Have a Nice Day - Bon Jovi - got a ways to go on those backing vocals
    2. It's my Life - Bon Jovi - yeah, Krystal likes her Bon Jovi
    3. Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen - We did better on the vocals than I expected, and it's probably going to work
    4. Miss You - Stones - I don't care what anyone says; this is a difficult song. I am nailing the Mick vocal; Krystal and Arthur are doing great on the Ron and Keith vocals; Krystal is KILLING this bass line, and my harmonica parts are sad and pathetic next to Sugar Blue. No keys, so Arthur is carrying the mids on one guitar. This is going to be a big winner for us!
    5. Rock and Roll Hoochie Coo - I never believed we could pull this song off, but we are going to.

We never got to Slow Ride. We had to spend some time on stuff we already do, because we have a TV show next Thursday night, and we haven't played together since our last show, in May. This band will loosen up a bit without practice, and I don't mean that in the good way.

FUN.

WE HAD FUN.

I like having fun, and remember, for us "fun" means working real hard at rehearsal, and getting songs to sound great.

We ended on "The Chain," which will always be one of my favorites, and which we have never gotten a good recording of. Trust me though; we do it well.

2. EddiePlaysBass

EddiePlaysBass

Feb 26, 2009
    Belgium
    You need more Heep, mellowinman!

Winfred likes this.
  3. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    We play Stealin'. I don't much care for Easy Living, and the other Heep songs I like really weren't hits, and unfortunately, we have to play mostly hits.

What songs were you thinking of?

4. EddiePlaysBass

EddiePlaysBass

Feb 26, 2009
    Belgium
    Maybe "Sweet Lorraine" - I hear it gets played on US radio a lot? Totally not sure, though. Or a short version of Gypsy, I always thought that one would work well in any cover band cos of the heavy riff.

I'd think some of their 80s stuff would fit in well, based on some of the titles I've seen you post: "The Other Side Of Midnight" or "That's The Way It Is".

If you were a German band: "Lady In Black" and "Free Me" :D