1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD New "Sonic Seafoam" Jazz Bass build w/matching headstock!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MasterBass!, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! Supporting Member

SOLD

Yupper....., not a misprint......I said "Sonic Seafoam"!! (name coined by yours truely) I achieved this color by using 50% Sonic Blue nitro & 50% Seafoam nitro. Methinks its pretty kool! I did the headstock to match too. This thing has been machine buffed and hand polished for hours and is super shinola!! My arms still ache!! :p

The body is a made in Japan a/m (brand new) and its loaded with brand new electronics and passive old-school ceramic J pups. The 3-ply Pickguard is brand new too with the plastic still on it. The knobs and control plate are also new. The neck is a 2010 Precision Bass Special (1.5" nut) Standard Series and is quite thin and super comfy to play. There is nearly no wear on the board and the frets are bright and shiny with no visible wear. It has 1 year old pearl inlay decals on it. Its loaded with brand new bigass 70's Geddy style tuners. I will include a new Fender Jazz Bass or new FunkMaster Custom Bass waterslide for the headstock too.

This in not a super high-end bass...but it sure plays and sounds like one! If you are looking for a mousey sounding Jazz...this isn't it. These pups sound VERY powerful, and the neck pup nails a Precision bass sound almost to a tee!! The bridge pup is very Jaco sounding, and mixed together they sound more like a EBMM Stingray than a Jazz.

The brand new Fender bridge and pup covers are included, but have not been drilled.

(I slipped while routing for the neck and had to do a small paint touchup near the neck cavity..ya gotta look for it, but I just wanted to let you know that its there)

Looking at $425 plus actual shipping for this one.

Thanks bro's and sis's!!

2. MasterBass!

2 more pics

3. MasterBass!

Couple more

4. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    def want this one!

5. jbrooks

jbrooks

Sep 7, 2007
    Take that baby out in the sunlight, dazzle us and let us see some more pictures.

Just finished a project bass trying to get a seafoam green (PPG Tantalizing Turquoise) and I notice it looks either blue or green according to the light. I notice in the last post's pictures your bass does the same.

I like both effects, but of course you probably won't have many outdoor gigs in the sunlight.

6. PMed

7. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    You are the Easter bunny of jazz basses my friend...

8. AllenLee

AllenLee

Jan 6, 2013
    Texas, USA
    That is freakin' beautiful.

9. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Really diggin' the color... Sweet

10. ROOTSnFIFTHS

ROOTSnFIFTHS Low-end Lover since '78!

Oct 25, 2012
    NJ to Sin City
    BE-A-UTIFUL! And GLWS...great price also.

11. jbossolo

jbossolo

Sep 22, 2011
    HOLY SHIITE! Brother Denny, you have outdone yourself! You gotta stop it bro, please! I need another bass like I need another hole in me head! :(

12. MasterBass!

Bwahahha, you got yours, Jose.....:ninja:

13. jbossolo

jbossolo

Sep 22, 2011
    Should get here tomorrow, thanks!!! :hyper::bassist:
    GLWS!

14. MasterBass!

Includes yer choice of headstock decals:

15. PM sent

16. PM Sent

17. $425 shipped?

18. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    Wow.
    That color is amazing!
    GLWTS!

19. Oh holy moly, that thing is beyond beautiful. That colour is just fantastic.

20. themacinator

themacinator Always looking for the perfect gig

Oct 8, 2009
    8,600 feet in the Colorado Rockies
    Endorsing Artist: Babicz FCH Hardware
    Come to Poppa....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.