Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New sound clips from my band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Dave Siff, Feb 27, 2006.

1. OK, guys and gals, I'm gonna put myself out there. My band has a new CD just completed and there are a bunch of sound clips up. Follow the links in my signature: the myspace page has four complete songs, and the band Web site has short clips from all ten tunes. I'm not happy with the mix, and it's my own fault for not being there -- they did a lot of mixing on weekday afternoons when I was at work. Basically, our singer/guitarist/bandleader was in charge, and she wanted the drums to be loud. When she took it to be mastered, there was a frequency clash between the kick drum and the bass guitar, and they "resolved" it by boosting the mids on the kick. :eek: They did end up doing a final tweak to help me out a little.
    So, that's my sob story. I think the tunes still come through. Let me know what you think, and feel free to be unkind.. I can take it!

2. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    I really like it! Good job.