New Soundgear Xtreme.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Eh, it's a Soundgear, what more do you want? :)
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    where do you get all these new ibanez pics??

3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Harmony Central's site.
  4. Dude, come on! It's not just a Soundgear...this one is XTREME!!!!!!

I can feel the excitement, can't you?

I wonder how they sound though, as Ibanez has had some good basses with the BTBs and ATKs.
  5. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    They seem to be ripping off the L-2000.
  6. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Soundgear Xtreme, the Pibb Xtra of basses
  7. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    If Ibanez did their homework properly, it probably sounds kinda like a StingRay.
  8. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Wow, it's wierd seeing a Soundgear with a burst finish.
  9. If Ibeenhad did their homework properly, they wouldn't have named it the "Xtreme"! I wonder if you get a free 12 pack of Mt. Dew when you purchase one.

And if it sounded close to anything, it would probably be a G&L. Since it looks like they mated a Soundgear with an L-2000! :p
  10. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    What is so "Xtreme" about them?
  11. actually it looks like it may sound pretty good, but why Ibanez decides to name it's products 'Phat' and now 'Xtreme' is far past me.
  12. Well, it's a soundgear so the neck is Xtremely skinny.

Maybe they thought the xpozed polepeesez looked xtreme..... I dunno.
  13. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    That burst reminds me of the first bike i had as a kid, all it needs is streamers coming out of the horns. Wonder what demographic ibanez is going for on this one.. hook em while there YOUNG i guess :(
  14. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    ok these replies have me laughing pretty hard...

well, it's ibanez, I still think those soundgears with the "PhAt EQ" better than this. Now if they could just spell fat and extreme correctly...
  15. I think someone already did "XTreme"
  16. Dont look to extreme to me. Neck through? oohhh. Maybe you get a free mountain bike with it. Or maybe its a "Tony Hawk" sig. model, he plays it while on his board (i dont know if he plays bass, i assume not). Perhaps its designed to "xtreme" conditions like mountains, submarines, root notes. WHO KNOWS those wacky guyzzzzz are bowwnnnd to come up with something Xciting for uZ to go with this Xtreme b-ace.

17. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    it looks similar to that ESP LTD bass... not bad to see! i like that pickups.
  18. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    looks like a nice bass to me... hopefully its affordable... because i highly doubt anyone in the market for an upper end bass will buy one that says "Xtreme" anywhere on it... let along from a store that has the word "Xtreme" anywhere within a 30 foot radius of their pleasure.
  19. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i always carried my warwick underway with me on my last submarine...:eek: i hope i was xtreme enough! :D
  20. something about the 4 knobs in a straight line and 2 huge pickups turns me off...

call me picky, but me no like :(