1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Source Audio One series pedals coming out

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johnk_10, Nov 22, 2018.

1. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    it looks like a filter and an octave pedal will be released soon. i'd love a manta in that format.

hintz, gregmon79 and rsmith601 like this.
  2. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Filter and An Octave Harmonizer. According to the E-mail I just got today. But they are quite a way out just starting on them.

hintz and Nunovsky like this.
  3. benevan

benevan

May 2, 2002
    Memphis
    There is a lot more noise about this over on TGP. This is basically the 1series version of the Manta but with octave/pitch effects added. They have mentioned this is probably another 5-6 months out.

In addition to this project they will soon be releasing a 1series Multiwave Distortion and another mystery pedal. We will probably see the Multiwave sooner than the filter/pitch pedal as I believe it is more of a port of the previous versions rather than a new project. Perhaps @rsmith601 could update us with the timing of these projects?

hintz likes this.
  4. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    Order of things:
    1) Envelope/Pitch project. We should have a demo at NAMM.
    2) Pedal I cant be public with yet.
    3) Multiwave One Series.

5. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    cool! thanks for the info!

rsmith601 likes this.
  6. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Multiwave One Series? YES!

hintz and gregmon79 like this.
  7. I'll start saving then, because I want them both

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    johnk_10 likes this.
  8. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Nice! On the envelope - please please consider ADSR loops and pitch as a modulation control source.

tewnty_two likes this.
  9. ItsmeSantiago

ItsmeSantiago Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2015
    I'm really excited for the filter/octave/synth project. I have a Gemini chorus and it's a super tool of modulation, and Source Audio was one of the few booths at NAMM that were really cool with me when I went a couple years back, which prompted me to buy the Gemini. I've been combining pedals to create synth tones, which makes it hard to use in a live setting, so having something modern with presets is gonna be a game changer for me.

hintz likes this.
  10. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Cool.... looking forward to the filter/octave/pitch box. And mystery pedal too.

11. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    Did I misunderstand or mis-read this? Since there is a SA Soundblox2 Manta. Was/Is there a Manta series #1? I thought I read SA announce an improved/updated Manta pedal where they added the distortion features?

Again, maybe I misunderstood what I read. But if there is a #1 series Manta model ( and searching Ebay/Reverb/TB classifieds) I don't see where one exists. BUT if there is a simpler, no distortion SA Manta model, I'd prefer that.

I let my DarkGlass pedal(s) do all the very nice, subtle distortions for me. So I doubt I'd ever utilize that feature in another pedal. Thanks for any helpful replies. peace, e.

12. It is a pedal in development for the one series written up on the SA page that looks very interesting.

ErnieD and Nunovsky like this.
  13. I think it's because the first pedals were called Soundblox, no number, just Soundblox. They made the Bass Envelope Filter (BEF) and the larger BEF Pro that allowed saving presets and extra EQ among other things.

These were large pedals.

Then the Soundblox 2 form appeared: metal casing, smaller, with a couple of footswitches. For some reason, instead of calling it the Soundblox2 BEF, they called it Manta. So there is a simpler Manta #1 of sorts... they have envelope filter models and some phasers, no distortion. I had both the BEF and BEF PRO, and I still have the BEF. It's large but I love its sounds, and the controls are super intuitive and all laid out in front of you (not a fan of multifunction controls etc). Much simpler to use, same great sound, large footprint... if you're ok with the size, then you'll probably like the BEF, although I don't see many in the used market lately (and it's been discontinued for years now).

The "One" series is actually the third generation of pedals from Source Audio, in a more traditional size pedal format. I have the Aftershock, and I'm amazed at the incredible functionality they managed to put into a little pedal... however, my needs are simple, and the original Soundblox format works better for me

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    hintz and ErnieD like this.
  14. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    Ok guys, thanks I'm up to speed now. And I found that article where it does say the next gen to the BEF is the Soundblox2 Manta or something to that effect.

I just bought the SA Programmable EQ, really liking that pedal. And my new DarkGlass B3K V2, too. So I started searching SA's other pedals to learn what else they offer. I wanted to try a new envelope filter.

Turns out, I went into my stored, much unused pedal board case last nite. And Jeez, I found my old MXR Envelope filter, (tan colored) I bought way back in the 70's or 80's. And my EBS Bass IQ triple env filter, in the original box. I'd never put them to use in those other bands, so I just threw them back into storage after playing with them at home. But I'm in a couple new bands where we're covering tunes from back in the day that I can use these again.

I know the more modern made pedals offer way more features. But I'll hook these up to my small pedal chain, which is growing again too fast, and give them a try before I buy more gear that may just get stored away. Thanks again for your quick replies here.

That G.A.S. is a real B*tch, aint it. peace y'all, e.

rsmith601 and bassbrad like this.
  15. I have the After Shock as well and am really looking forward to the new pedal as if will fulfill some need/wants I have in the synth/filter area that I am constantly tinkering in.

ErnieD, rsmith601 and hintz like this.
  16. hintz

hintz

Jun 5, 2014
    wahiawa, HI(Oahu)
    IMG_1954.JPG This is wonderful news for me! Subbed!! My board is slowly turning into mostly SA pedals so this octaver will be perfect for me, even if I can get close enough to the OC2 sound I'll be happy.

gregmon79, ErnieD and rsmith601 like this.
  17. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    The other option until this comes out is to use a Boss LS-2 and put your synth combo effects in one loop. Then you can switch all the pedals on and off with one stomp.

Nunovsky, hintz and ItsmeSantiago like this.