1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NEW SPEAKERS FOR CARVIN CABINET

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lilboo77, Apr 29, 2006.

1. I have an old Carvin V410T Cabinet. It does not currently have any speakers in it. I have thinking of putting new one in it and was wanting some input from some that may have changed out these speakers. I was considering the Eminence Beta Series speakers. I play Rock, Blues, Metal, Alt, Southern Rock................

I was also wondering if it would be cheaper just to buy another cabinet...........any suggestions???

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    I'd buy 4 cheap speakers, load them in, then sell it.

Then use the money to buy another cabinet.
    But don't buy used because someone might have changed out the speakers for some cheap ones. :)

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    You can reload it with Carvin PS10s or Eminence Beta 10s, they're virtually identical; Eminence makes the PS10. The new Deltalite II 2010s would work well also. There's nothing wrong with either the Carvin cabinet, or the PS10 driver.

4. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    +1. If you don't have any problems with things that say "Carvin" on them, I would go for the PS10's. I particularly like Carvin's bass gear, more specifically, their Redline heads and cabs. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. Excellent "bang for the buck". Good luck.

5. I don't have a problem with the name carvin.........I actually have a v115 cab - ch1644 mixer - dcm1204 amp - The v410T was given to me empty and I am just trying to figure out what to do with it.

Thanks for the input.......