Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by warwickbass, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    Ok heres the deal I have a eden 4x10xlt and an eden 2x15xlt both in need of speakers, speakers which i will most likely not be abel to get from eden. my question is what do i put in them. I have no idea what speakers there are out there and how they compare to the speakers that eden makes.

2. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    If I was you I would contact Eden about getting replacement speakers. It would be a shame to lose that Eden tone. :)

3. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    there wont be any more eden speakers for a long time... i would like not to loose that tone but i may not have a choice

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    OK, that's twice. What are you trying to say?

5. Just like another thread, today and in the past, once again you are implying that Eden is on some kind of trouble. Is this from your so called friend that works at Eden? Are you just Trying to get a flame war going again, or what ?

6. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    chopper, munji and whome ever else refer to my post "eden" as for this post i would really like my question about new speakers to be answered

7. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    try some EV's... or call EV and give them the specs on your cabs and ask them if they could recommend a speaker that matches those specs best. or call Eden on monday and see if they are open for business.

Eden Electronics
    P.O. Box 338
    1st Street
    Montrose, MN 55363

TEL: (763)675-3650
    FAX: (763)675-3651

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I think,,,,you should not be a wussy and call eden. They make them, so call them. dur.

9. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Its really beginning to sound like Warwickbass has an axe to grind with Eden for some reason, else he would at least take a moment to pick up the phone and call Eden regarding replacement speakers to retain the tone of the cabs he has apparently already purchased. I can't help but smell a rat . . . pretty rare circumstance that he would have to replace his 10's AND his 15's at the same time. That, or he's a serious over-reactor.

That being said, Eminence Delta Pro's are pretty darned close to the Eden standards . . .

10. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    Its because as i said in the post "eden" edenelectronics is out of busniess. the reason i had to replace all the speakers at once is because the speakers that were in those cabs are no longer made by eden, one of the ones in the 4x10 is damaged past repair and therefore they will all get replaced inorder to have 4 of the same speakers in the cab, as for the fifteen it is withought speakers.

11. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Why do you need to replace them? Get them reconed, it costs less than half as much.

12. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I call BS. I just called Eden TODAY and spoke to a woman named Stephanie Carlson about purchasing a footswitch for my Eden Preamp.

If you're going to spread around such abrasive and damaging information, you should at least call them first to verify . . .

13. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    I dont need to call them, i talked to 2 ladies who worked there one for 14 years the other for 12, and my friend who was there for baout a year, i was there with them to pick up there last paycheck which turned out to be mailed. im sure there going to get rid of whatever stock they can most likely to pay off debt. you people seem to think i have a problem with eden, i dont i own and use there stuff exclusively, im just telling you what has happened. maybe the guitar center in your area knows about it, i know the two in my area are well aware as well as the person who ships orders to all the guitar centers, noone ive told about this has been the least bit supprised they all said they saw it comming.

14. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    here's an idea, shut up, and let eden go down in the ball of flames you say it's going to. you've said enough. And as for asking this silly question, unless your the most moronic bassist in the world, every bassists knows to call the company for replacement speakers, and, since their has been nothing from eden about shutting down, despite the "Rumors" i had heard, i would call them anyway, instead of asking a question before i knew without a doubt that they were gone. Every bassist also knows you can get them reconed. it's cheap, and alot of people do it. So, all evidence points to you being a moron, unless, you have a good explanation as to why in every post you HAVE to say eden is shutting down.... why? you already said it a million times before. Hell, i don't even like eden, and this sounds SOOOOO Stupid.

15. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    no ****.. shut the **** up warwickbass.

i'm in a bad ****ing mood right now.

16. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    Im not trying to be negitive, i did not want to share this information but i felt it was somewhat of a moral obligation. if a company were shutting down, and i was looking at buying there broduct i would like to know what were going on. As for roconing the speaker, as I said the speaker is damaged beyond repair, and the other 3 speakers are no longer in production, therefore i will not be abel to have 4 of the same speakers in my cab, thus i must replace all the speakers. regardless of what eden might say, eden told its employees it was shutting down, i dont care if eden tells you there running better than ever, its a lie. And other than this post i have one other post entitled "Eden" that refers to eden shutting down, considering my other thred was unjustly closed i dont think 2 threds are alot. as i said im not trying to start a war, cause conflict or anything to that extent, and im done responding to well... "so and so at eden told me"..... and "your wrong" even tho you know far less on the matter than I. like i said im just telling you what i thought you should know, im not here to be attacked by the likes of you for my good deeds.

17. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey guys i..... sweet jesus... he freaking did it AGAIN. oh my GOOOOOODDDDDD *Slams head into wall 5 times* FREAKING MORON!!!!...*Repeats*

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ok fine.

Lets assume you are right.

If they are going out of buisness then they would need to get rid of their stock, so Im sure they would be more than willing to sell you their leftover speakers.

JUST CALL THEM AND ASK!!!!!!!!

Peace
    Nick

19. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    How long till this thread is closed?

Peace
    Nick

20. PollyBass

PollyBass ******