1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Spector bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Baryonyx, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I just picked this up this week and it's so damn good I'm having to sell my Status Stealth bass just to stay rich! But this bass really is incredible. The top is just stunning and the sound is incredible. The Spector Euro guys really know how to make an amazing bass. I'm glad to finally own a Spector, I've wanted one for a long time and this bass is really blowing me away. Perhaps the nicest 4 string I've ever played...and thats saying something after my Kubicki!

Without further ado, feast your eyes gentlemen...

Some of the photos were done on my phone and I apologise that my girlfriend's flat is a mess...but I had to get some photos of this bad lad!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I LOVE SPECTOR! :D

2. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

That's a beautiful bass. But Don't sell your stealth !!!!!!
    I just picked up a used stealth and it's one of the most amazing instruments I've ever played!
    i can't imagine any bolt one bass being better than a stealth!

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I wouldn't have thought so, but here I am...I'd love to keep hold of my Stealth, as it is amazing...if I can afford to!

4. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    I love that top!

5. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    Great bass indeed!!! :D

I got the one with nat oil finish and 5 strings a few weeks ago!
    It's really amazing ;)

6. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    I got one a few weeks back and with my new rig it sounds like a BEAST!

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'm loving the tone pump...tonally, the Spector is as bright as the Status, and both are very rich and complex in their tones. This one is just so playable though, it's easier to play than my Status thanks to it's 4 strings as opposed to 6, but they are both nice basses! The Spector strap button placement takes a bit of getting used to though, but thats a period of say, 5 minutes...:D

8. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    Yeah. i still haven't got used to that completely

9. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

;)
    Oh, the stealth is six string? Dump it. Four strings are superior!

10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I get on with them much better, but a 6 string is so much fun. Especially when it comes to tranposing melodies onto the bass. I'm thinking of getting down Joe Zawinul's solo from the middle section of Weather Report's "Volcano for hire"

11. playibanez

playibanez

Apr 3, 2006
    U.S.
    i saw this bass hanging at the local shop and played it for a while through a trace combo.

wow

this bass kills

12. Really nice. Even the woman likes combining the Zebrawood top with the Spector shape... but not nearly enough to allow a purchase. ;)

13. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I love that Zebrano top! I'm gassing for a Rebop now.

BTW, you're #49 in the club!

14. PDubs

PDubs

Aug 22, 2006
    NYC
    I have the same bass in a fiver. I usually don't like EMG's, but the Tone Pump rounds the bass out nicely. One of my favorite basses ever.

15. SgtKoi

SgtKoi

Oct 27, 2007
    How much was that beauty?

16. playibanez

playibanez

Apr 3, 2006
    U.S.
    i think they run around a grand?

17. Obet922

Obet922

Jan 7, 2007
    Philippines
    OK, that damn thing made me forget what I was supposed to do at work today...Congratulations dude!! :D

18. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That's one beautiful bass. Enjoy.

19. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Glad to be in the club, I've wanted in for a long time! I love this bass, it looks, feels and sounds like it should cost so much more! :D There is so much bang for buck in these basses! I was originally thinking of putting some Barts in it, but after getting to play it through my Trace Elliot rig at home, I doubt I'll bother now!

20. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Nice bass, man! Enjoy!!!

I have the 5-string version (Zebra top, oil finish) and LOVE mine. Still considering switching out the TonePump for an Aggie OBP-2 - not sure though (wish I could get some 'A-B' soundbytes somewhere...). But fit, finish & playability are totally superb!

Anyhow, congrats & have fun with the Rebop - and tell your girl to straighten up a bit, too! :D