Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Spector model: Euro-6 LX (Yeah, REALLY!!!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Josh Curry, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    That's right!! Spector has done a limited run of these new basses that will appear at NAMM. Myself and one other TB member (Firkinahsoul) have been waiting for over 6 months for these and have had a hard time not saying anything about them. But today we finally can!! Because later today I will be getting the first one of these brand new models!!! I'm pretty excited about this because it took almost a year to convince Spector to make them and another 6 months of waiting once they agreed to do it. So, if you're a Spector nut like me and you play a Euro-5 and wish you could get a Euro-6, keep watching!!

There currently is only 2 others for sale through a retailer in Florida. I don't want to plug them here so if you really want to know where to get one PM me. They are being sold at a premium though, the price difference is NOT like the difference between a Euro-4 and 5.

I hate to tease you guys with a thread and no photos but It hasn't arrived yet. It will be arriving later today via UPS. I will post pictures as sson as it arrives.

2. I want one, and i want it now. PICS!

3. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    What!!!!!!!!!! No pics!!!!!!!!?????

4. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Be patient, I've been waiting for almost a year and a half for this to happen. SIMMAAAAAA!!!!

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Funny thing, I actually played a part in getting these things into production. Not just "Oh, I'd buy one if they were made" kind of part, either, apparently.

6. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    You did? How so?

7. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Excellent news! I look forward to seeing the pics.... :hyper:

If it is anywhere near as good as my Euro LX 4 string it will KILL!! :bassist: :D

8. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I am banking on it! I got one of the first Euro-5 LX's. I told them if they would make a 6-string like it I would order 2. And they did, and I did.....

The LX model just makes sense, it's more cost effective to produce and it's lighter. Perfect....

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, I was talking with said distributor, as I am want to do, and apparently a good deal of my testimonial, conjecture and hearsay was relayed directly to the manufacturer. So, apparently, I ended up being the straw that broke the camel's back, and they said, "Okay, if there are a couple more people who believe in an Euro 6 line like this fella does, maybe we can do this thing."

It's not like I hand designed them or anything, I was just, apparently, the one who finally made them up and do it and quit hemming and hawing about it.

10. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Did you buy one?

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm in college, man. College. I worry about the price of Ramen noodles.

If they manage to keep them in production, I will certainly purchase one. I just can't afford one, or justify affording one for a while. I have to hock about half my bass gear to finance my forray into drums here in the next little bit. Not to terribly happy about that, either, might I add.

Spector makes just about my favorite basses, pound for pound, and I fully intend on owning several Euros when this bass business is said and done.

12. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I'm not going to say that you didn't have anything to do with it, I don't know what your relationship with said distributor is. But I was dealing directly with Spector for almost a year before they agreed to make them. Mine that is coming today is also personally signed by Stuart. As far as I know, it's the only LX6 that is.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Cool! I'm not saying I was some driving force or anything, like I said, I was just the last straw (again insomuch as I've been informed) in the process. It's not like I suddenly said "You should make them," and they say "Right!" It was more like "You should make them, and they said, "Ha! Your comments have amused us, and people have been bitching enough as it is. You want them, fine, we'll start making them, boy."

Again, I said a small partA step up from being just another "Make a euro 6!" email/letter. From what I was told.

14. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I'd like to know more.... Is there info on the line on the website?

15. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Calm down everyone. It's a new Spector and it's a good thing. I will be lucky enough to say I have a NAMM bass!

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I AM CALM! CALM IS MY MIDDLE NAME!

...well, actually, that's a lie. I've to admit, I often claim to have false middle names for humorous effect or reassurance.

It's a problem that's being delt with.

17. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    You won't find any information anywhere. Myself or Firk can tell you anything you want to know though.

18. Aaargh! No word about it on the Spector site yet. Not that I'm interested in a 6-string, but I'm always in for some eye candy.

19. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    There's a good chance you'll never see any mention of it on the Spector site. It depends how NAMM goes.

BTW, for anyone who IS going to NAMM, you'll be able to check out Firk's Euro-6 LX.

20. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    OK, It's here. Here's some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is with the gold knobs w/ Abalone inlay that I got for it almost 2 months ago.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]