New Spector Q4 or used ReBop?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jonasp, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Hi TB. I want to buy a Spector. As the title describes, I could buy either a New Q4 or a used ReBop off Ebay for about the same price. Which one do you think I should do?
    I really like the Q4 (amberburst) because of the quilted maple top, but the ReBops (tobaccoburst) look good too. Can anyone tell me how they compare in playability?

My real dillema is the new used thing. I know i will (probably) be satisfied with a new purchase, but the ReBop seems like a good deal and the ebay seller has great feedback. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Pete
  2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    The Rebop is a better bass, tonally and the way it is built. It has the curved NS body also, not like the flat Q.
  3. Ok, thanks for the reply. I think im going to buy the ReBop. :)
  4. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    I would personally go with the Rebop.

I own a Rebop 5 and an NS2000/5, and I've played the Q series basses in stores. IMO, the Rebop is the best of the three in terms of general quality and sound.
  5. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I've owned a few spectors and currently play a NS-CRFM 5, and can confidently say you will be more happy with the Rebop It is a superior bass- excellent tone and playability.
  6. Ok, thanks guys. I think ill buy the ReBop! :)
  7. Good choice, I had a q5 and returned it after a week. Wasn't a fan of it, but the european and american spectors are wicked.