1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Spector TonePump Preamp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by GraffixNyc, Aug 12, 2004.

1. GraffixNyc

GraffixNyc

May 3, 2004
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Hi,
    I have a NEW Spector "TonePump" preamp that spector sent me as a replacement part but I decided to replace it with the Aguilar OBP-1 instead since that's what is in my other spector.
    This preamps lists for $199.00 from Spector, and I think they sell it direct for around $130.00, so I'm open to reasonable offers for this unit.
    Email me at Graffix192@aol.com or PM me here on the board with any questions, I am also open to a trade.
    This is a 9V preamp, with bass and treble boost only, like the OBP-1 but it has TONS OF GAIN, and a hotter output than the OBP-1.
    Thanks,
    Patrick

2. GraffixNyc

GraffixNyc

May 3, 2004
    New York City
    Bump

3. GraffixNyc

GraffixNyc

May 3, 2004
    New York City
    bump please

4. GraffixNyc

GraffixNyc

May 3, 2004
    New York City
    bump

5. mburd

mburd

Aug 20, 2004
    Maine
    I'm looking at 2 different Spectors; both nearly identical USA NS-JH5's. One is a '02 with the Aggie, the other is a '03 with the Tone Pump. I can get the 02 in an even-trade deal, but may be interested in upgrading the Aggie. Jim Eppard @ Spector says in a blind test they chose the Tone Pump over the Aggie. What's your take..?
    tnx, Mike