Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Spin Doctors disc.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by PhilaCPJ, Oct 27, 2005.

1. I finally got around to snagging Nice Talking To Me off of iTunes and it just ROCKS. I've always though Mark White was grossly underrated as a bass player. He just nails the groove and keeps it real tight in the pocket. I dig his mids-heavy slap tone. Much better than the uber-scooped "modern" tone with the ear piercing highs. Dude's also got some mad chops (check out Homebelly Groove or the Refrigerator Car solo off of Just Go Ahead Now).

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what gear he's using these days? Last I checked, I think it 2 Eden 4x10's and a stock Ibanez ATK something.

2. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Denver, Colorado
    He endorses GK currently but I have seen him use SWR and Mesa way back when. It looks like he is still using the Ibanez ATK that he used to endorse too. He is a great bass player and definitely hasn't gotten alot of visibility in the bass world for sure. Listen to the groove on songs like "Big Fat Funky Booty", etc.. He can tear it up for sure.

3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    He's a Talkbass member and I've seen him post here before. Maybe he'll chime in and share his rig.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    when he was at the DFW GTG he had a ray looking like the ATK

[​IMG]

one of my favorite players... real nice guy too

5. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Denver, Colorado
    Here is the latest I have seen:

Attached Files:

6. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Yeah i gave it a sampling.... I wasn't too impressed. It definately doesn't compare to Pocket Full of Krytonite. The singer's voice has changed. Its a bit deeper... but yeah, Mark White still kicks some serious arse! :bassist:

7. Cool, always a fan of the band and of Mark's playing. And like someone already mentioned, he's made a handful of posts on this board if you search around.