New Squarepusher promo video

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by pmcd, Sep 5, 2010.

1. pmcd

pmcd

Feb 22, 2006
    Denver,CO
  2. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    I love it. Great dirty synthy sound.

Also, Sabres look awesome.

EDIT: Wait, this guy is actually a bass player? Cool! I thought it was a gimmick he did in that vid you posted, but I looked up some other vids.

3. uethanian

uethanian

Mar 11, 2007
    he's actually quite a skilled bassist, if you can find any videos of just him playing. i think he should do more of the bass/drum thing, a lot of his past stuff has been more glitch/breakbeat electronica and not terribly accessible

4. +1

but I'd say he's alot more than "quite a skilled bass player', he's a monster on the bass but also on the studio, his drum program and MIDI knowledge is mind blowing... I reallly loved the video clip too love the uber fuzz bass sound - he's a secret mettaler don't you know :)

Mike

5. ba$$

ba$$

Jul 23, 2010
    AZ
    Love it!

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    awesome distortion tones. love it.

7. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    For me, it's like listening to the future before we've even got there, but I thought like that with the 'Feed Me Weird Things' Album, IMO Tom Jenkinson will be recognized down the line as an true innovator and otherworldly musician, 'Just a Souvenir' has some excellent distorto rock tracks too. :)

Slightly off topic has anyone worked any of his tracks apart from Iambic and any insight into what he does with his thumb technique? All the Vids are way too fast to pick it out.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021