1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New squeeze !!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 7string, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Here’s the new (old) baby !!

Ok, so that doesn’t make sense so let me explain !!

I had an Urge 1 once and I sold it (please don’t ask it hurts too much !!). I never, ever found anything quite like it so I always hankered after another one. Anyway, time marches on and all that, so I finally started my search for another. After a Google search one afternoon, I found this on eBay. But not eBay.co.uk but eBay.com The seller didn’t want any international bids as he didn’t want to have to deal with the possibility of return, which is fair enough. I wrote to him anyway, saying that I had one of these before, so I knew exactly what it was etc. After a discussion about delivery costs and so on I bought the bass from him and got it a couple of days ago.

It’s a beautiful bass as you can see and I couldn’t be happier….The new strap to go with this bass is by Levy's and was chosen by my better half, Jennifer !!

But how about this. 10 years ago this month, I wrote into a UK magazine (now defunct) called “Bassist” and submitted a piece for their ‘My bass is…’ feature. The bass I wrote about … yup my Urge 1. A very generous fellow bass player has given me his copy. So I now have the bass and my journalistic masterpiece.

All I need now is issues (or copies) of the pieces which Bass Player ran detailing the design and production of the Urge 1. Has anybody got any issues from 95 - 96 ?? !!

2. Sweet bass man, what is that color called? The Urge 1's were/are short scale, correct?

btw, I think your strap is on there backwards.

3. Thanks, the colous is Burgundy Mist. the Urge 1's are 32" scale the MK II's are 34".

You know I never noticed about the strap, just kinda put it on for the photos !!