1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New SR5 fretless....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Reccord, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Mark Reccord

Mark Reccord Supporting Member

I walked into my local MM dealer just after Christmas and they had a new shipment of various Stingrays and Stingray 5s. I was really in the market for a 4-string 'Ray so I played all of the ones they had and none of them really did it for me. I spied the fretless SR5 and basically took it off the rack on a whim.... Well, I played it and found that I couldn't put it down. It just felt right, so I put it on layaway, figuring I'd pay it off in 6 or 7 months. I walked into the shop on saturday and they had a big sale on. One of the specials was 6 months no interest financing... So I jumped on that and took it home. I'm super stoked about it, though I need to do some woodshedding to get my intonation up to scratch.

Now I have 2 SR5s.... :D

The fretless

[​IMG]

And a picture of both of them

[​IMG]

2. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Gorgeous! Someday, when I learn to really play the bass (only been at it since '81) I'll buy a fretless SR5. Love the natural finish...MM seems to do that better than anybody else.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Outstanding. Congrats :)

4. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Cool. Now get a tort pickguard!!!

5. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Gorgeous. I've been seriously eyeing SR5 fretlesses lately.

6. mynan

mynan

Nov 7, 2007
    Grand Haven, MI
    +1...you definitely need to tort that thing.

7. Congrats! That's a beauty of a FB.

8. Mark Reccord

Mark Reccord Supporting Member

Thanks guys. I'm really digging it. If I had ordered one, I think I would have gotten an unlined board, but I'm not complaining.:p

Way ahead of you on the tort thing. Got one on order. However, the plain black is beginning to grow on me.....