1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New SR500BM ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by skarabrae, Aug 5, 2005.

1. I'm looking for some feedback from players that have, or have had,
    the Ibanez SR500BM. I just bought one, which I take possession of next week. I bought it through a friend who works in a music store for $480.00. I did the research, and played some in other stores, and since I am an Ibanez fan, I bought it. :hyper:

What do the SR500 owners out there think of theirs? :D

2. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Hancock, MI
    I've had my SR506, the 6 string version (duh), for over a a year and a half, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm going to change out the electronics and possibly PU's for something less dark than the Barts though... they get ugly on the low B.

3. I used to have such a strong fascination with Barts... now I can't stand'em after trying tons of them out (PJ/JJ/MMJ.)

4. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Hancock, MI
    I was the same way when I bought this bass. I was so fixed on the Bart's, and for the longest time I loved 'em, but now, I'm really starting to use the whole bass, and it just gets too dark most of the time.

5. By the way, I love Ibanez's offerings.

I own an RKB900 (I would -N E V E R- give up that bass), an EDA905 (thumpy as a mug) and I have a Doug Wimbish coming my way, which has me really excited.

6. I have the EDB605, and love it. I want a warmer sounding bass (wood instead of luthite), so I opted for the SR500. I think it will be right for me. I like the Ibanez neck ... I'll wait to see how the PU's work out for me.

So far the EDB has been a reliable bass.