Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New SR500BM ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by skarabrae, Aug 5, 2005.

1. I'm looking for some feedback from players that have, or have had,
    the Ibanez SR500BM. I just bought one, which I take possession of next week. I bought it through a friend who works in a music store for $480.00. I did the research, and played some in other stores, and since I am an Ibanez fan, I bought it. :hyper:

What do the SR500 owners out there think of theirs? :D

2. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I've had my SR506, the 6 string version (duh), for over a a year and a half, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm going to change out the electronics and possibly PU's for something less dark than the Barts though... they get ugly on the low B.

3. I used to have such a strong fascination with Barts... now I can't stand'em after trying tons of them out (PJ/JJ/MMJ.)

4. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I was the same way when I bought this bass. I was so fixed on the Bart's, and for the longest time I loved 'em, but now, I'm really starting to use the whole bass, and it just gets too dark most of the time.

5. By the way, I love Ibanez's offerings.

I own an RKB900 (I would -N E V E R- give up that bass), an EDA905 (thumpy as a mug) and I have a Doug Wimbish coming my way, which has me really excited.

6. I have the EDB605, and love it. I want a warmer sounding bass (wood instead of luthite), so I opted for the SR500. I think it will be right for me. I like the Ibanez neck ... I'll wait to see how the PU's work out for me.

So far the EDB has been a reliable bass.