Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Slipsen, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Slipsen

Slipsen

Jan 11, 2005
    Sweden
    Hey all! im new hear and have thinked about some questions for a time now.. and readed some on the forum..
    so what i wonder is:

Iam planing to buy the Behringer BX3000T amp on 300watts into 4Ohms, and the new Behringer BA410 cab on 1000watts.
    and i wonder, will this hold good with loud overdrive playing..or will it just crank down and die before the first song is over? its aluminium cons on the 4x10..but i dont know if it will do any better then paper with overdrive? and agressiv playing..

so what do you all think? love to have some tips :)

im playing in a Thrash/death metal band right now so i really need somethin that wont die or get broken.. im using the BOSS overdrive basspedal(the yellow one) for the overdrive.. its really good, but still will the stack do the jobb at high volumes?

hope anyone got any sence out of this :) thank you for any answers :) bye!

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Try before you buy...

I recently played through an aluminum coned Behringer 4x10 and didn't like it a bit. I have owned a Hartke 4.5XL with aluminum cones too and grew tired of the tinny sound.

I don't know of any guitar speakers that have aluminum cones...which would point me to look at paper cone drivers for overdriven bass too...

3. Slipsen

Slipsen

Jan 11, 2005
    Sweden
    well, i did try it at my localstore.. but didnt got a chance to try it with overdrive.. :/

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I don't know how the stores are in Sweden, but here in the US the larger stores will let you try out gear for between 15 and 30 days (some mail order dealers let you use it for 45 days) to make sure that it's right for your needs, and return it for a full refund if it isn't.

Would the store let you buy it, use it and return it if you don't like it? That's really the only way to know.

BTW, I curious...how much do BX3000T cost in Sweden? A price in Krona or Euros is OK, I can convert :D

5. Slipsen

Slipsen

Jan 11, 2005
    Sweden
    well yes there is..i was planing ordering it from www.thomann.de ..
    the prices on bx3000t in kr is around 3.000kr here in sweden.. but if i order it from thomann.de ill get it for 2.300kr