Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new Stambaugh pic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by unity bass, Feb 24, 2005.

1. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    Hope y'all don't mind, I'd like to post a pic or two of my new Stambaugh.

This first one is what the grain looks like if it's under bright light and right under your nose. The second one, under normal conditions, shows the body is darker and more subtle.

Attached Files:

2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Sweet looking bass!
    I really dig the stuff that he does, and for the price, he's really resonable. Maybe one day I give him a call on a custom.

3. THAT'S NOT RIGHT!

Bass Rule #1...Knobs must not outnumber strings.

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Sweet!! Can't wait to get mine!!

:hyper:

5. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.

FWIW that's a 3 band EQ plus blend and vol. for the knobs, then a freq. switch for EQ mid band, and a single/dual coil switch for each pickup

6. man, I am definitely a fan of Chris' work. I got to meet him -- briefly -- at a show a couple of weeks ago. very cool guy. I'm really looking forward to checking out his shop!

from the lows,

Stew

7. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    I hope the day comes when I can meet him face to face and shake his hand. During the planning process, Chris was friendly, patient, open-minded and very informative. His excellent reputation is well deserved.

8. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Very cool top! Congrats! ;)

9. well, I think you'll be more impressed with the man in person than you were already. very approachable, down to earth cat!

from the lows,

Stew

10. That's really great looking walnut! It IS walnut, isn't it? :eyebrow:

I'm waiting to see who ends up with the Stambaugh singlecuts on Luthier's Access. Now THOSE are rediculous!!

11. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Great looking bass! Nice stuff on his site too!!!

12. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    Yup, that's Walnut. Also, the pickups are Macassar Ebony on top and Spanish Cedar on the side which ties in with the Spanish Cedar body core and Macassar Ebony fingerboard. The control knobs are Ebony as well!

Chris applied a really thin satin finish which protects the wood but doesn't fill the pores so it has a very natural feel.

Thanks for the comment.

13. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Very Sweet.
    Chris does great work.
    My fretless Stambaugh is my fav. bass.
    Will get another Stambaugh. Soon!

14. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Yeah I may get Chris to do a fretless for me as well depending on how I like this one..

15. bubingaboy

bubingaboy

Oct 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    I was in Chris' shop in mid December placing my order. Do you have the bass clef at the 12th fret? I SWEAR that your bass was being worked on when I was visiting.

The neck was all taped up but Chris showed me the Bass Clef. Very cool stuff. My wife and I were googling at the top wood (and it wasn't even done yet).

Congrats!!! That thing is sweet!!!! Mine comes next month.....

16. john b carvalho

john b carvalho Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2001
    Kaneohe,Hawaii
    Congrats,just another beautiful instrument from Chris.

John

17. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    That's mine alright! I would love to check out Chris' shop. What's it like?

Congrats on your Stambaugh order. I'm sure you will be VERY happy. I played a 2 1/2 hour set on Saturday night and from the way it sounds and the way it feels, I couldn't be more pleased. It was also fun when random people came up to me to ask me about my beautiful instrument.

What are the specs on your bass and do you have any progress pictures?

Chad