Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Standard Cleveland Action Pics

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by mchildree, Apr 8, 2004.

1. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Here's mine....the bass looks a heckuva lot better onstage than it's owner! Anybody else have one, or do you guys all own La Scalas?

[​IMG]

2. Brent Norton

Brent Norton

Sep 26, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    GREAT-looking bass! From what I've heard about these, I bet it sounds as good as it looks... Thanks for sharing the pic! :cool:

3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    What a sweetheart. I'm guessing you're not missing the Strunal much.

BTW, I slapped a set of Flexocors on it, and it is now a full-fledged Orchestra bass. It's not a Pollmann, but it does the trick. You dig in with the bow and that thing cranks. I can't get over how loud that bass is.

4. Sure, I have one of each, Cleveland and La Scala, both hybrid and laminated (yeah, right!) :rolleyes:

Seriously, that is one fine-looking canine domicile you got there. If it sounds half as good as it looks, Ahnoldt will sell them by the boxcar.

5. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Thanks Guys! Wow Mike....one of each, huh? Shooting for an endorsement deal, are ya? :D

I'm really very happy with this bass, and get happier with it at every gig. I especially appreciate it when we play festivals with several other groups and all the bass players are lined up after our set to check out my Cleveland, and I hear the many compliments on my tone. Seems word is getting around about Arnold's basses, but not a lot of folks have the opportunity to see one in person.

Hey....maybe I need one of each....

6. Aleph5

Aleph5

Feb 24, 2004
    Tennessee
    BTW, I slapped a set of Flexocors on it, and it is now a full-fledged Orchestra bass. It's not a Pollmann, but it does the trick. You dig in with the bow and that thing cranks. I can't get over how loud that bass is.

Are you referring to a Cleveland, Chasarms? I am waiting for my Cleveland, which is getting close to its ship date. :hyper:
    I don't expect to deviate from the installed Spirocores, at least anytime soon. But I'm open, if there are even more gains to be had!

BTW, I'm fairly new here. At least, I think this is my first post.

7. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Nope. My church ended up with the Strunal Mike was playing before he bought the Cleveland. It is the bass that went from the bluegrass life to being an orchestra tool.

Charles

8. Aleph5

Aleph5

Feb 24, 2004
    Tennessee
    Ah, I see! After playing a bass that bows so easily (a Cleveland), I might be inspired to put more arco-friendly strings on my Eberle if I were keeping it. It wasn't just me and Spirocores that couldn't get the Eberle to bow, it was the bass! New strings might help some, but how much and at the expense of how much pizz. tone (which is pretty decent), I'll leave to whoever buys the bass to find out.

9. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui