1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale New Standard Cleveland hybrid upright acoustic bass - $6775

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Pete Hand, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Pete Hand

Pete Hand Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Price:
    $6775
    Strings:
    Label Number 150 (2004); original owner.

A large 3/4—small 7/8 sized bass with a strong, even sound and excellent playability.

This New Standard Cleveland upright hybrid acoustic bass has a carved European spruce top, gamba corners and a tubular metal end pin upgrade. Poplar-core laminates are light and resonant. Quality ebony fingerboard, nut, saddle. Hand-applied oil finish (no tone-robbing polyester, lacquer or heavy conversion varnishes). Authentic inlaid purfling, top and back, which adds to the beauty and helps prevent edge degradation. Beautifully carved scroll and neck, top-notch attention to detail throughout.

Proper neck-set angle for arco playing. Set-up with special one-piece adjusters installed in a fine European maple bridge. Photos show a Marvin cable tailpiece and a Full Circle Fishman pickup are installed.
    Eb neck
    Evah Pirazzi strings
    String Length 42" / 106.7 cm.
    Body Length 45 1/4" / 114.9 cm. (back)
    Upper Bout 21 1/8" / 53.6 cm.
    Center Bout 15 3/4" (as measured, couldn’t find product spec for this) / 40 cm.
    Lower Bout 26" / 66.1 cm.

With TKL padded carry bag in great condition. The zipper pull on the little front pocket was replaced in an earlier repair and a new stop was added. The red hold-tabs were added to help reduce stress on the zipper pull when opening/closing. The zipper teeth are not damaged.

Product link:
    The New Standard Bass - Cleveland Model
    Discussion topic is at this link:
    Cleveland New Standard-Why?

I found these peer comments:
    “The Cleveland is a replica of the old American Standards with improvements in construction and materials (solid ebony fingerboard, better tail piece, etc). While this bass is just a few years old it sounds great, plays very easily, and I actually worry about it less. These basses have better quality neck blocks than the old play basses (american standard, kay, king, etc.) and also fuller-dimension necks which I find to be ergonomically superior to the skinny necks I've found on lots of Kays, for example. I get as many positive comments on the tone of my new bass from fellow musicians and listeners as the old bass. In one case performing in a musical I found the old bass to be superior for a microphone and running through a cabinet on a big stage.”

“This is a hybrid bass, meaning that the top is carved and the ribs and back are laminated. This combination gives an ideal balance of tone and stability. The resonance of the bass is open and huge, and the laminated sides give the bass excellent stability against the extreme humidity and climate of Taiwan. The bass sounds far better than most fully carved instruments. This is the best sounding, most resonant and best feeling bass I’ve played.”

Images are provided here for product info. Will ship it at your cost, or you can come to the studio to hear it and pay and take it then.

00n0n_4hyPv8lckfI_1200x900.jpg

00606_keKKksbim2F_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_hij9LNKACkb_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_fw49QNp9BFJ_1200x900.jpg

01212_eApxYI1uoDW_1200x900.jpg

00J0J_7bZlQVYnckq_1200x900.jpg

00101_3dlvmNZJv7s_1200x900.jpg

00h0h_aIAETlxG7of_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_lbGVLgUxIp3_1200x900.jpg

00u0u_5WKTgsFq4p4_1200x900.jpg

00q0q_qSkeC0yYcu_1200x900.jpg

00j0j_eXapGqLWcey_1200x900.jpg

00s0s_4w4GNG5nBvO_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_4ojBeCjXOD9_1200x900.jpg

2. bazzo

bazzo

Oct 8, 2006
    I thought these were all made with D necks? Has this one been modified? Thanks!

3. Pete Hand

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
  4. Pete Hand

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    I suppose we could video this instrument, if that helps.