1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Standard Fully Carved La Scala

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by pjwolf, Oct 3, 2008.

1. pjwolf

pjwolf

Feb 20, 2006
    Ventura, Ca.
    Bass brothers.....I need your help! I ordered a Fully Carved La Scala 2 years ago and it is incredibly amazing!!

Unfortuately, I only got to play it for 1 month. I started having intense pain down my left side and it hurt to play...I can't even play ukulele for 5 minutes without pain...

turns out to be lung cancer....I never smoked but sure played in plenty of clubs with cigarette smoke. I have been going through round afer round of chemo therapy in hopes of getting beyond this....some days are good - I can go to the store by myself.

I am trying to save my life...let alone ever playing music again...

I need to sell my bass to pay my rent and buy food...I spent all the money I had and maxed out my credit card and even refinanced my car....I have no insurance and no income.

I need to get the most I can for my bass...anyone have any suggestions as to where to sell it in the L.A. area?( i can't afford to give it away).

Thanks for your help! Bless you all!!!

PJ:)

2. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    Put it up in the Classifieds here and put a price on it. Those basses are stone cold killers for the $.

3. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    pm sent

4. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    Oh yea! Go baby....

5. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Geez PJ.... best wishes to you, we're all pulling for you.

6. Fetusyolk

Fetusyolk

Aug 7, 2008
    craigslist it, you may find a nice fella who is willing to shove out for it.

All the best of luck to you dood.

7. hdiddy

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    I wouldn't bother. Arnolds basses are hard to come by on the west coast. I'm sure he won't have a problem selling it here or locally through consignment.

8. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    did you sell it? if not, PM me

9. hdiddy

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    Get in line son. :D

He needs to pull it out of storage first.

10. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    +1. As someone who smoked for 25 years (including right after daily runs/workouts :rolleyes:) and got clean x-rays after all that, it makes me sad and heartsick to hear of someone who lived right and still got sick in spite of it. Best wishes to you, and I hope TB can help by at least helping you sell your bass.

11. hdiddy

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    Yeah... it's band enough but getting it secondhand just pure sucks. Regardless of what happens, I wish you a speedy recovery PJ.

12. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    I realize this is academic, but PJ's misfortune may have nothing at all to do with cigarette smoke.

PJ, I wish you every success in your therapy and am very sad to hear of your plight.