Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Dec 30, 2002.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Every 4 or 5 years i go to see to the movies to see a star trek movie so thursday night i went and saw nemisis. This movie is alot better then the past few next generation movies. This was well done good story with a sad ending ,any other star trek fans out their.
  2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    oh yeah....trekker here...awesome movie
  3. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Trekke least for the next generation series...I am waiting to see the movie.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Trekker here. Haven't seen Nemesis yet.
  5. Trekker here too. I thought it was just OK.
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    was a bit too "let's rip off wrath of khan so that folks think we made a good movie" for my tastes, but it was ok, all things considered. the tragedy at the end wasn't well planned out, and was actually not even possible, considering the final episode of the series (hint: picard goes through time and meets up with almost all of the next gen characters in the future, so the ending doesn't quite work).

there are too many next gen characters to make a good movie that does them justice, imo. they could make a great movie with just worf, or just a few of the other ones. a worf movie would rule. or a data movie - sort of part terminator part 2001. :D
  7. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

"all good things" comes to mind almost immediately...i agree that an all worf movie would r0x0rZz. michael dorn has already appeared in more movies and episodes than any other next genner, though.
  8. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I saw it and liked it in spite of the obvious flaws... it definitely beats Insurrection, which was a giant turd IMO.

The final fight scene in the tube was a complete ripoff of Star Trek III though.

Anyone notice how all the Next Gen movies have similar plot lines? Evil Genius plotting to destroy universe, blah blah blah. Nice concept but getting old.
  9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yeah - I saw a long feature (really a trailer) on the Sci-Fi channel and they were very careful to say that it wasn't just another case of evil genius tries to destroy the universe, but rather it was about Picard facing himself - so it was different...honest!! :)

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

i guess it does have some wrath of khan elements to it ST II was my favorite then undiscoverd country. thrash _ jazz is right i thoght insurection was really bad i guess it was a turd. After that battle i really thoght the enterprise was going to be decommishend but the repair went very fast. Did you guy notice that this was the first time with the next generation they ran out of Photon Torpedos that never happend with the Borg.
  11. I know, I thought the same thing. And then felt like a total geek for knowing THAT much about Star Trek. I feel dorky now.:(

Rock on
  12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, you're in good company. besides, don't feel too bad - they sell magazines that have the run downs on all the daily soaps. _that's_ dorky.
  13. mt10125

Nov 15, 2002
    West Virginia
    I thought nemesis was great. I really do hope that they keep making more star trek movies. The ending was kinda sad too.
  14. ok... I am TNG trekker, and i enjoy the show.... but the ending made me sad... it should have been Wesley Crusher, or someone that everybody hates! ( and for those who havent seen it, sorry if I gave a bit away)

and the begginning was a little boring... I mean, dont get me wrong, i love movies with a plot, but it seemed to drag on a little too much...

but it was a pretty good movie over all... Shinzon is scary.. hehe
  15. Actually, in the final episodes, one of the things that Picard realizes is that the future he saw isn't necessarily the future that will occur. It was a kind of "You can change your destiny" theme. In fact, I would say that was on of the main themes. Of that episode. I mean, there is the part in the end where Worf talks to Riker when Picard reveals what happened to the present. So then Riker and Worf stop the feud from occuring.

But other than that, I thought it was good. A little too much of destruction of mankind, but overall I thought it was one of the better ones. Definitely better than Insurrection and Generations.

16. Well, it goes to show you that the theory of even numbers has applied again. Star Treks 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 all sucked, while 2, 4, 6, 8, and now 10 ruled. Wonder why that is?

Rock on
  17. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    that movie sucked... i dont even think it broke 100 mil... good thing i get to see any movie i want for free...