1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Stark Strek Movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by arbitrary, Mar 1, 2008.

1. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
  2. Cloverfield was good, alot better than I thought.

Only thing is, the new film will mess with the continuity of the story even more. (maybe if you forget about "enterprise" it will be ok, as enterprise messed up a few things)

3. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I enjoyed the Enterprise series and thought it was getting a lot better (some episodes sucked, some were very good). I didn't care much for Cloverfield, it had some decent effects but in general it was pretty stupid. I hope he doesn't carry his signature "motion sickness" camera view to the new ST movie. No I didn't get sick at Cloverfield; I just didn't enjoy it.

4. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I thought that the episodes were pretty good, but taking it with the rest of the storyline of Star Trek a lot of it made no sense.

5. Thats all i meant by it too.

The most obvious one being the Klingon thing

6. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    If only there was some way of luring all the nerds of TB into one convenient thread for future reference...

7. Star Wars is way more efficient... Just make a thread about how Episode I,II,and III were the best and you will have all the nerds chime in with a post of angry disagreement

8. Phil Mailloux

Phil Mailloux

Mar 25, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Builder: Mailloux Basses
    I thought it was a pretty good explanation as to the difference in looks to the 60's klingons to the rest of them. I thought it was nice they tried to tie-up some of the broken continuity from the different series.

9. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Star Wars was way cooler. And it sucked way more. Can we talk about StarGate yet?

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I thought I had heard somewhere that the film was due out on Christmas of this year.

11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    +1

12. No, the 60s star trek and the other series had a reason given (some plague or something).

But in "enterprise", which was meant to happen before the original in the 60s, they had klingons that looked like klingons in next generation etc

13. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    +2

I also loved how in the DS9 ep "More tribbles, more troubles" Worf (upon seeing the original Klingons and asked to explain it) said "We do not discuss it with outsiders."

Brilliant!

Really, other than just ignoring the in-continuity of the Klingon issue; it (Enterprise explanation) was about the best that could be done with it.

14. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    I'll go see it.

15. It was supposed to, but then it got bumped to spring of 2009 - May, I think.

-Eric

16. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I didn't see any Enterprise episodes with Klingons on it. But wouldn't the easiest way have been to have a mixed Klingon crew? Four or five look like Worf. Two or three look like the 60's Klingons and nobody mentions anything about it, because...
    All taken care of. See?

17. Phil Mailloux

Phil Mailloux

Mar 25, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Builder: Mailloux Basses

The pilot episode of enterprise has "modern" klingons in it. In the last season of Enterprise there's a two episode story where they explain the origin of 60's Klingons, genetically modified with human DNA pr something.

I thought it was also brilliant they had explained it this way since I also had seen the DS9 episode before too. i.e. because of Worf's comment on them you couldn't get away from 60's klingons. They existaccording to the Star Trek continuity so there had to be a reason behind them.

(What a geek I am :rolleyes:)

18. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'll probably see it.