Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW STINGRAY!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassplayingdan, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Unfortunatly, I cant play it until I pull my grades up and pay for it. Its a really nice looking and sounding bass though. At Guitar Center, it was only $790 (including tax) brand new so i convinced my dad to buy it while it was at thins great price even though i still dont have enough money.

2. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I hate you guys:spit: Alright, I guess i'm just jealous. That makes two of you who have gotten the same bass as I did for $1050 18 months ago. Congrats, you'll love it. If that's not motivation for getting your grades up, I don't know what is.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Nice bass. Great color. What's it called. For that price, I'd ever buy one. ;)

4. JoeYello

JoeYello

Sep 18, 2002
    New Jersey
    Was that the original case? It looks like a Fender case. All of my MM basses came with rectangular cases. In any event, nice bass. Start studying so you can play it!
    Joe

5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Congrats!! Keep those grades up:cool:
    That is a Sweet looking EB, Yeah what is that color Burnt Apple or something like that... Nice!

6. now THAT is motivation! having a bass that gorgeous in my house and not being able to play it would drive me bonkers.

edit: w00t, 4000th post ahoy

7. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    that is the most spectacular bass ive ever seen! ;)

congrats! now go study for the man so you can have fun in the spare time.

8. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Go study for a few hours a night minimum. That is a great looking Ray4-if i'm not mistaken that's Burnt Apple right? none translucent w/metallic flake thingys. I like it. I know a Ray5 is a bit different than a Ray4 but trust me, study as much as possible so that once your grades are up you can play that bass. Have Fun :bassist:

9. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    whether you are playing bass or not,always try to the best you can in school.I understand having something to motivate you,but you must understand that this is alot bigger than palying a bass the education that you recieve now in most cases will pay good dividends for you if it is needed because when you get right down to it your education can't help your Dad,Mother,Brother or Sisdter (if you have any sibilings)it can only benefit you and that's who it's about.If you are going to put good energy into practicing your instrument please,if you can study you academics with tghe same kind of intensity if you can.Hey Man,congrats on getting a nice bass I hope that you will enjoy it as I did when my dad bought me my 1st good bass suprisingly it was a 1979 MM Sabre and remember to bust your ass" in trying to make good grades the same way you dad busted his ass on the job to get you the bass of your dreams

Good luck;)

10. Kruser

Kruser

Aug 13, 2001
    Germany
    You guys over there have quite cheap Stingrays.
    I am from Germany and the cheapest price of a Stingray MM30 was about 2100 Euros, which is about the same in US Dollars. Even the Used ones costs at least over 1000 Dollars.
    Thanks God for the internet and the shipping service. My dreams can come true...

11. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Everyone is buying all these stingrays below $1,000 and it makes me sick.. not really.. thats cool you got such a great deal on it.. Congrats.. and it looks great

12. dabshire

dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
  13. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Congrats on that bass man, I've played those and they're great.

I woud like to bring up another question though. I havent looked at the pics but I'd like to know if the make the black stingray in a 5-string model. It is black with a different shade of black in a circle on the body. I just wanna know if they make that in a 5???

14. Does anybody have ideas on how to earn $790 as soon as possible because not only do i need to get good grades but i also need to pay for it.

The color is called Black Burst Cherry.

There is a Stingray5 in black with a black pickguard on display in the bass section of the Austin TX Guitar Center. (In response to Piezoman's question)

15. Oh i forgot to add that yes, that is a Fender case. My other bass is a MIM Fender Pbass i got at a pawn shop for $200. Its a very good instrument, but doesnt have as many great freatures as the Stingray.

16. Oh i forgot to add that yes, that is a Fender case. My other bass is a MIM Fender Pbass i got at a pawn shop for $200. Its a very good instrument, but doesnt have as many great freatures as the Stingray.

17. Does anybody have ideas on how to earn $790 as soon as possible because not only do i need to get good grades but i also need to pay for it.

The color is called Black Burst Cherry.

There is a Stingray5 in black with a black pickguard on display in the bass section of the Austin TX Guitar Center. (In response to Piezoman's question)

18. Hey Bassplayingdan, congrats on getting a 'Ray.

$790 for a new one? That's gotta be the best price I ever heard of. That's not a bad price for a used one in good condition. Study hard so you can enjoy it.

Hey Rayzak, don't feel bad. I paid almost $1,200 for my 'Ray. I guess they saw me coming that day.:( :D

Enjoy, everyone.

Mike