1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New String Development

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by redwood, Mar 29, 2020.

1. redwood

redwood

Oct 3, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
  2. redwood

redwood

Oct 3, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    My bad. I see a similar thread now.
    Carry on.

3. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
  4. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Read the other thread. The same reporting is in the London Times. The London Times does not do fake news. Now, whether the strings do all they claim in the real world of gigging outside the laboratory of St. Andrew's University remains to be seen.
    UOD.jpg

bassdude51 likes this.
  6. ixlramp

ixlramp

Jan 25, 2005
    UK
    Well =) ... Inharmonicity is shown to be reduced by scientific experiment, so that will happen outside the lab too, unless this is fabricated or the laws of nature change in live performance.

7. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Yes, but as to how much the Lump helps can be affected by all sorts of variables: how big the lump is, how consistent the strings are otherwise, how different bridges and anchors affect the relative position of the lump, the player's technique, and so on. If the lump is in the perfect place at the perfect mass, and the player has a light touch, then yes, the result may be very good, indeed. But if the bridge is not of a configuration so the lump is in the proper place, and/or the player has a really heavy technique that may pull the string out of tune anyway, then the strings may not help in that situation. All theories and experiments must be subjected to the real world.