Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New strings, FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by fleabass89, Apr 1, 2002.

1. I just picked up some SloWounds. My DR stainless Lo Riders have served me well, but I have been in desperate need of new strings (mine are caked with crust and dirt for crying out loud). I haven't tried them yet, because I went straight from the store to my grandmas.. I'll let you know how they sound and feel.

By the way, I got the price down from 27 bucks to 22 without even trying! I was looking for some DR Nickle Lo Riders, but they didn't have them. The DR Steel were $22. I pulled out 22, but there were no Nickles. So I asked for the SloWounds since I've heard alot of good things. The sales person didn't feel like going through the trouble of giving me change or anything since he was on the phone, so he just gave them to me for 22. Sweet.:p

2. I tried them! They're really great, nice and crisp. Maybe not quite as good as DR, but I like having something new, plus these nickles dont rip up my fingers like the steels.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I paid $20 for my last 5-string set of Slowounds, and thought it was a little high. I just wasn't up for a haggle though.

4. geez around here strings usually run around 40 bucks a pop

5. :eek: You can only imagine how much a slap would be

:rolleyes:

lame i know:D