1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new strings for a shen 150 hybrid

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by sweet51, Mar 17, 2008.

1. sweet51

sweet51

Nov 27, 2006
    so i've had a shen 150 hybrid for about two or three years and i'm trying to find strings that will fit the sound that i want.

recently one of my strings broke right before a concert - it was a tomastik dominant solo g string. i found a replacement in time for the concert but afterward, i had to put my old strings back on.

i want to try something new but i don't want to have to keep buying whole sets of strings before i find the right one. does anyone have a good set of strings that they would recommend? or a good mixtrue of strings that they would recommend?

this is really important as i'm gearing up for college auditions next year... thanks

2. I was going to recommend animas, since they sound so nice on my Shen, but then realized that you`re probably talking about an arco string, aren`t you?

3. you could keep your eye on the classifieds here on tb and try some used strings at a fraction of the cost until you find what fits your bass. im currently trying the evah pizzaro and really liking them.

4. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I have an SB200. I have Eudoxa's on the D and G. They bow really well and have a nice pizz sound too. I know a few classical players that use a full set of Eudoxas and really like 'em.

5. sweet51

sweet51

Nov 27, 2006
    yeah paul i am using them for mostly arco/orchestral playing.