1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new strings for sr900

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rashbeep, Apr 19, 2006.

1. rashbeep

rashbeep Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    hi.. ive been using the stock elixirs strings on my ibanez sr900 for about a month now. the coating has been tearing off and im annoyed by the excess of treble that comes outta my bass. ive done some searches in the gear reviews and it turns out this was because of the strings. so, im looking to replace them in time for my show next week sometime. im wondering waht the new strings should be. ive tried rotosounds, really like those strings, but aren't available at the closest music shop. so, any other suggestions for strings that are around $20 CDN? (by the way i have tried ernie ball, ghs, dean markly blue steels and didnt like any of them). im looking for strings that would give me a more balanced sound, still some treble, but not nearly as much as the elixirs (i used to have treble at full now i find myself putting it at mid or below).

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    This is going to be a stupid observation...

But with me, the elixirs on mine (them wearing off) hasn't had any affect on the tone, but they also seem to be wearing off more in the neck parts iwth the frets. Anyways, does the tone change that much? The treble will die down again when your sweats go through and they're regular strings again :p

Lo Riders?

3. rashbeep

rashbeep Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    ya i've been trying to "kill" them, but i saw another threaad about elixirs where people have been saying the g string breaks in about a week! my shows coming up soon so i have to avoid that at all costs. (ill be slapping/shredding btw)