Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Strings, How do I take care?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by danny3k, Feb 20, 2002.

1. danny3k

danny3k Guest

May 26, 2001
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
    how can I do to mantain my strings??

2. Leave em in the box, they last forever that way.:D

Don't play with dirty hands and wipe em down when you are done, especialy if you tend to sweat a lot on them, this goes for your Bass too.

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    fast fret by ghs works great for cleaning and maintaining strings.

4. danny3k

danny3k Guest

May 26, 2001
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
    Do I have to use a special whatever to wipe my strings or any soft cloth.

what do you mean with "your bass"?

5. danny3k

danny3k Guest

May 26, 2001
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
    fast fret by ghs??

where can I find that holy thing online?

6. By "your Bass" mean your bass guitar, you know that heavy thing your strings are attatched to.
    The back of the neck and the body get all sorts of dirt on them just from playing. I just use a small clean cotten towel that I keep in my case. Once u get into the habit of cleaning it everytime you play it becomes a ritual and helps keep the Bass nice.

By the way try not to freak out the first time U put a ding in the bass , it looks worse then it is.

7. danny3k

danny3k Guest

May 26, 2001
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
    Don't worry about that, my bass name is "Dingy" I don't know why, the thing is that I was a little worried 'cuz I had to buy string too often, and someone told me a couple of tricks but I've forgotten, and now that I at last buyed the strings that I were looking for "Ken Smith" now I want to take care of them.