Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new strings on a warwick

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by fil, Jan 31, 2006.

1. fil

fil

Dec 18, 2005
    hello everybody,

i was searching for a new electric bass, but a friend of mine gonna borrow his warwick bass. i have seen it, but don't remeber the model;

now i'm looking for a new set of strings for it. it is an 5 string. i am searching for a string that plays well and doesn't make to much noise when the fingers move over it. (i probably need a coated one, or flatwound, or tapewound.....)

i like a double bass sound. but since i'm a beginner i will not pick something which is too narrow in playing style; actually at this moment my first concern is that they play easy (a light gauge, i think) and that the fingers don't make to much noise.

thanx guys, i have been looking for strings-survey a long time, but when i find somehting it is not for a 5-string, or it is very hard to get in europe.

thanx guys.

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I seem to remember that when I had my warwick Thumb bass that it needed a tapered B string to fit in that bridge. I used Ernie Ball Slinky's.

3. fil

fil

Dec 18, 2005
    thanks, i was going to buy them, nice that the first thing you said is the thing i would do to.

thanx.

4. Paulb7664

Paulb7664

Sep 30, 2004
    Kent UK
    I used 50\105 Ernie Ball Slinky's on my 4 string. But you will need a tapered B string to fit in the bridge on the 5!!!

5. I use XL,s on mine. Works all the way

6. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    TI Jazz Flats sound like what you're looking for.

7. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    SIT Silencers (45-100) + my Warwick Corvette = tonal bliss. Those strings add roundness and fatness to the Warwick while still retaining that lovely growl. Great slap tone too. Also, the strings are super smooth, very easy playing, and priced well.

8. my top two string picks for Warwicks are Sit Silencers and TI Flats. i've got TI Flats on my Streamer Stage 2 and they're on there to stay. both great strings...best of the best. if you want to tame your warwick a bit, then go with the TI Flats. If you like some zing, the Silencers are a great all around string, and the nicest (imho) pressure wound strings out there. good luck.....