New Stuart Zender Material.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by DaveBeny, Oct 28, 2000.

1. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I've just bought the limited-edition 2CD version of 'Charlie Watts Jim Keltner Project'. The second CD is a disc of remixes from the album. One track, 'Airto', is remixed by Eat Static featuring Will Smith (Propellerheads) and STUART ZENDER!

Stuart's sound is a direct continuation of where he was going at the end of his time with Jamiroquai, ie. fuzz! Some very funky fills, including the use of harmonics on occasion, which is something that I've never heard Stuart do, either on record or live.

Also, does anyone out there know a release date for material by Stuart's new project, Azur?
  2. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Judging by the dearth of posts, you seem to know more than we do about Azur. Who will be on the album, besides Stuart?
  3. Hey David,

Apparently Virgin keep delaying the release of any Azur material, which is why we haven't heard anything yet. God knows why, it would certainly beat all the s**t that's saturating the british music scene at the minute. Anyway, if you check out it might have some news, or failing that then it's got Virgin's e-mail address on the site, so you could e-mail them directly and ask them what's going on. By the way, I haven't heard it yet but Stu has produced a song for the new All Saints album which he also plays bass on, so try and check that out if you can.