Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New stuff from me

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by beermonkey, Nov 15, 2002.

1. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/2856/2856822.html

Been playing with this keyboard player on and off for about 4 years now. We mostly work on his original material, but occasionally we write something together; like this tune.

I'm not really that pleased with my playing on this... I was really sick the day I recorded my stuff and really wasn't playing all that inspired. :(

The bass is my Mike Lull M4V fretless, direct into the board with a hint of post-production compression.

Enjoy, and get all samba-fied.

-Brian

2. Not musically my cup of tea, but very nice job. With this kind of music it's important to know when to lay back and when to color it just a little bit ... you sound like you're doing a fine job at that.

3. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks for listening and thanks for the comment!

This song... even though I'm half responsible for it, really is almost too "smooth jazz" for my tastes as well. I'm much more into the Weather Report and Mahavishnu Orchestra type of thing; but this was fun.

4. Musically my cup of tea, and very well done.

No need to apologize. It's good stuff, and there are many people out there (like myself) that really enjoy that kind of music. Oh, I like Weather Report and Mahavishnu Orchestra too - there's no conflict there.

X

5. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks X-man. :)

Did you ever finish mastering/mixing your version of "Spain"? I'd love to hear it. The jazz group that is currently being put together by myself and the keyboardist that wrote this tune are planning on making "Spain" one of the covers we do. I LOVE playing that song, so much fun. It makes me happy all over.