1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New stuff I'm playing...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Mar 25, 2006.

1. So 2 or 3 weeks ago my friend Luke got a call from this guy (Chase) that we both know (Luke knows him way better than I do) and he asked Luke if he wanted to play guitar for this new project he is doing and then asked about me to play bass.

So on Sunday of that week we both went to his house and he showed us 3 songs that he had recorded. I fell in love with them right away, I think they are freaking awesome. So we learned a couple of the songs and jammed with a full band. Chase loved my enthusiasm and energy so I was thinking to myself "Sounds good for me!"

So after we jammed for a couple hours we packed up and I asked "Hey, when are we going to jam?" and he said he wasn't sure and that he'd call us.

Two weeks pass and I hear nothing from him...the percussionist is the drummer in the jazz band at school that I'm in so I asked him what's up and he said Chase and them jammed last weekend, but Chase didn't have my # and Luke had his phone off (his home phone is disconnected).

So Greg (percussionist in the band/jazz band drummer) gave Chase my # and last Thursday I got a call from Chase saying "Dude, we're jamming this Sunday" and I was just stoked, I still am. I've been playing the songs like everyday since the first jam I'm so excited about it.

This is the first time that I haven't written my own basslines, and it feels odd not writing them, but the best I can do is do my very best to play them the best they can be played and that sure is satisfying enough for me. With these songs, Chase chose the basslines perfect for them.

He knows what he wants and what he wants sure is pretty damn good IMO.

If anyone wants to check out the recordings, they are "Not This Time" "A Little While" and "If I Stay". Check them out here, http://www.myspace.com/chaseemery

So yea! Woohoo! I can't wait till tomorrow!