Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new stuff

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BottomLine, Nov 17, 2002.

1. BottomLine

BottomLine

Nov 17, 2002
    Rochester MI
    Hey guys,

I just got rid of all my Eden stuff....WT-800, 4x10XLT and 1x15 XLT.......and got SWR 750X, and the SWR Goliath SR cab. My question is this: since I havn't used it in my band yet, what can I expect?

Thanks!

p.s. we play classic rock and sub-urban original rock

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    You sold......eden stuff.......for......swr......stuff..... well, i guess.

3. BottomLine

BottomLine

Nov 17, 2002
    Rochester MI
    yeah, I was going into 2 8 ohm cabs and the limit lights were coming on constantly in live situations........was clipping into the speakers a bit too, couldn't bridge into the amp at 4 ohms so I got the SWR for more power. Think it was a mistake huh?

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well if that was the case, nope. good call. i would say anyway.

5. I may get shot or saying this in here, but I prefer the SWr to Eden for rock/alt type situations. th Eden is nice, but the Swr is gutsier and more assertive. (but pales to the mighty Mesa!:D)

6. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Avoid Munji... Avoid him like the plague... ;)

7. Dude... You live in Rochester and you just sold all your Eden gear? Damn, I'd have happily taken that off your hands for you. I've been GASsing for an Eden rig for a while now, and being able to buy those cabs locally would have ruled... Ebay is tempting, but then I always think of what it would cost to ship that F'n 4x10 across the country :eek: Oh well, too late I guess.

As for the whole idea of trading Eden stuff for SWR... ahh...no comment.

8. BottomLine

BottomLine

Nov 17, 2002
    Rochester MI
    Well actually I traded it in on the SWR rig.....it was a 2x10XLT and a 1x15 XL along with the WT800, and I had to trade it to get the SWR setup.

The difference I notice is that the SWR has more of the rock sound I am looking for....and 750 watts rms into the 6x10 is more than enough power for me(don't want to drown out my drummer too bad, hehe).

all in all it was a good move.....grinDude... You live in Rochester and you just sold all your Eden gear?

9. RobZon5

RobZon5

Feb 12, 2001
    Bartlett, TN
    Thanks for letting me sit in, and try out your new toys last Monday. Nice gear, great sound!

I don't get too many chances to jam with my brother (the drummer) so that always holds a special place in my memories.

10. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    How do you like the SWR rig? I was thinking of getting the exact same setup myself...

11. ah-hem (clears throat) LOUD & no clip=ampeg

Don't shoot-;)

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Its a completely different sound.

Its rare that Im liking the SWR tone, I have to be in the mood for it and even still it doenst tickle my pickle, but the Eden tone always does it for me.

IMO the Eden is much more agressive and assertive.

Just different.

Peace
    Nick

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Ahem. You can expect a slighty suckier sound. That said, you could've done worse. SWR is fine equipment used by many, many pros.

14. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    So now that US Music has bought Eden, everyone is selling their old Eden gear? :confused: makes no sense. Oh well I guess it makes for a good buyer's market

15. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    This thread is originally from mid-November, it's just been bumped up several times.

16. RobZon5

RobZon5

Feb 12, 2001
    Bartlett, TN
    I didn't tinker with the man's levels or anything, but where he had it set, it rocked. The Pedulla Thunderbolt 5 helped :)

17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    There was alot of talk about the buy out in Mid November though.

Peace
    Nick

18. BottomLine

BottomLine

Nov 17, 2002
    Rochester MI
    RobZon,

it was great seeing & hearing you and your brother jam again.....anytime you're in Detroit area, c'mon over!

as far as the SWR vs Eden swap, i hadn't heard about the sale of Eden before i changed to the SWR. i think they both have great tone, although different from each other......as they are from the ampeg SVP setup i used to use.

so many amps......so little time...lol