1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

New svt cl owner w/bias question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pht2356, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. pht2356

pht2356

Apr 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Bought used svt cl & one of the bias led's does not turn either green or red. Was thinking of swapping the three tubes from other side(that biased correctly as indicated in manual)to check. Am i on the right track. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. No discernible sound issue. Svt cl w/ ampeg8x10 & fender jazz bass mim active. Thank you

2. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Yes, swap the tubes and see if the bias issue moves. You should see some LED on which makes me wonder if there's an issue with the bias circuit.

The image below shows the grouping of the push and pull sides.

SVT tube board.jpg

rickdog, Wisebass and Wasnex like this.
  3. pht2356

pht2356

Apr 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Thanks much-will update tomorrow.

4. pht2356

pht2356

Apr 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Turned out it was a bad tube;spent a little $ to fix but including what i spent i still in the amp for $550 so i can't complain. Thanks again for your assistance. Having guys like you and jimmy m take the time to share your knowledge with someone you have never met reaffirms my view that maybe all is not lost!

Attached Files:

beans-on-toast and JimmyM like this.
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    All is, indeed, lost, but we'll keep plugging away and have fun playing music till we blow ourselves off the earth.

:D

Glad you're sorted. Figured that was the problem.

pht2356 likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021