Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New SWR Bass 350 for $299 @ Guitar Center

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheCreature, Jul 5, 2002.

1. TheCreature

TheCreature Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    OK,

I was noodling in a GC today and noticed a tag on a *new* SWR Bass 350 for $299! The special tag was for their "Swapmeet" promotion. The sales guy said it really was supposed to be $399, but still - a great price. He said GC pays $390 for them. All I can figure is they want to get rid of the old 350 model to make room for the 350x w/ the octave effect on it. He honored the $299 tag - I was looking at getting a good mid power amp for a backup. Looks like this is it.

GC seems to really blow out discontinued gear. Remember the MusicMan cabs recently?

Creat

2. Yea i went to my GC's "big sale" yesterday at 8am. They didnt have anything decent, except the Pedulla strings I bought for $12 a set (5string). Actually there was a nice American Hot Rod PBass that I would have bought had I needed a new bass .... but it wasnt really even that cheap. GC does blow out old stuff when they have no other way of unloading it. Its hit or miss depending on whats lying around in your part of the world I guess.

Greg

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    GC has some cool blowouts. At Memorial Day, I got an AKG C4000B (list $848) for $199. Yesterday, I didn't get anything on blowout, but I did get a good deal on an Avalon U5 DI.

[​IMG]

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego