Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"New" SWR Head and Rack Mount Tuner $299 + Ship

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Quadzilla, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

SOLD to Pete (thanks Pete!)

I call it new, but this head is about 2 months old (I literally bought it brand new 2 months ago). In the 2 months that I've owned it since buying new, it has never been gigged or NEVER left my basement and only been played twice! This is the newer, updated SWR (they upgraded the design slightly in 2002 I believe). It is 100% FULLY functional with no problems what-so-ever and has no scratches, dents, etc! I bought it new as a backup head for my main rig. Most bass players swear by the SWR sound but it's a bit too modern or hi-fi sounding for my vintage/classic tastes.

The head alone retails for $642 and sells wholesale on most online sites for about $450 or more new (check www.musiccenterinc.com, www.elderly.com/brands/swr.html, http://www.music123.com/SWR-Workingman-s-2004-i74223.music and other online wholesalers).

Since I've had it for a couple of months, I can't ask new pricing for it so my loss is your gain! I have the original box, owners manual and warranty card that I didn't mail in so you can have the warranty too.

It also comes with a REALLY nice and fully functional Sabine RT-1601 rack tuner that I added (no, the tuner did not come with the amp originally when I bought it, I added it). For you 5, 6, 7, etc string bass players, this tuner even tunes a Low B (some tuners can't do this) and has nice bright LEDs and works like a champ!

This tuner went for about $179 when new. It's used but in GREAT shape and even has the original Sabine AC adapter.

Check my 100% TB and Ebay (ID=Quadzilla69) feedback, so buy with 100% confidence! $299 plus shipping. Thanks!

SWR Head Specs:

FRONT PANEL FEATURES
    Steel Chassis enclosed in carpeted rack
    Stack Lock Corners and strap handle
    Single Open Rack Space for effects unit of your choice
    Discrete solid state front end
    Stereo Headphone Jack
    Hi and low sensitivity 1/4" inputs
    Gain control with LED peak clipping indicator
    Automatic limiter/compressor
    Limiter defeat switch
    Limiter Active LED
    Aural Enhancer Control
    Active EQ with semi-parametric midrange
    Variable Limiter
    Speaker on/off switch
    Effects Blend Control
    Tuner Send
    Balanced XLR Output

REAR PANEL FEATURES
    Sidechain effects loop
    (2) 1/4" Speaker Outputs

POWER OUTPUT
    200 watts RMS @ 4 ohms
    4 and 8 ohm operation (Minimum Impedance 4 Ohms)

(I can personally say that this head sure seems MUCH louder than the 200 watts it's rated for. I have a 1200 watt head on my main rig and that head certainly is not 6 times louder than this one, that's for sure! Trust me, this head is plenty LOUD enough practice and medium to medium-large sized gigs)

DIMENSIONS
    21.5"W x 7.5"H x 12.38"D

WEIGHT
    27 lbs

[​IMG]

2. PM sent

3. Quadzilla

PM replied to....

4. uuh, PM re-replied to? PM part 2 sent

5. Quadzilla

Sold to Pete. Was this the record for quickest sale? ;)