Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new SX bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jan 26, 2005.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Looks great. It's the kind of bass I know I'd not end up using because I'd always pick my nice basses over it, but still really want anyways :meh:

3. Mind Eroded

Mind Eroded Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Brooklyn/Buffalo, NY
    my friend has it. Awsome bass + Awsome price= no brainer

4. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    If it only had a rosewood neck :(

5. Ah, yes but is there or will there be a 5-string version ?

If Mr Rondo reads these pages then he'd know lots of people would want a black body 5-string with maple neck/black blocks and a white pick guard - that would be no brainer in my book - I'll take one of those any time !

Bill

6. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    why not email Kurt this thread :)

7. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Looks Great!! until you get to the new headstock design......extremely fugly, so much so that it turns me off completely and I would not buy one. To bad they came up with such a terrible design on that, The Headstock looks especially bad on the five strings, the G string ends up taking a far right past the nut. :spit: I am sure this was related to a copyright infrigement but really I think they could have come up with something far better than what it is now. :crying:

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I guess they're picking up where Brice left off because I have a Brice Douglas 5 string that looks exactly like that that I bought from Rondo last summer!

9. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I'd love to hear feedback on how this plays and sounds. The Megathread is just too ridiculous at this point to sift through though.

I love this style J. The vintage yellow and green versions of this bass really jumped out at me though. I wonder how this compares A/B to a MIM jazz?

10. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I saw this when I was searchin through the Essex thread (you guys know you can search and it show up the posts...thought that was cool) and heard some good things about it, but its just not my thing...and I went with a QMD 3TS; I don't htink I could stand a natural color

11. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    From my experience. It will be a decent bass for the money paid. It will probably sound fairly good too. The fret work will stink. That said I will move on.

tk

12. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    I just got the Brice version of this bass in a 5 string a few weeks ago. I got it as a back up bass for tour. First thing: it's heavy. Not like heavy deep, but heavy heavy (13 lbs.). I immediately had a new nut cut for it and gave it a full setup. Amazingly the fretwork on mine is good, although they're a bit on the jumbo side. Nothing sticking out the side of the neck, intonates well. I'll post a full review in a few days, but all in all a GREAT bass for the $. I'm assuming that the Brice Douglas that I have and this new rondo are the same bass. Oh yeah, and of course the pups have to go.

13. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Yesterday I got in one of the Limited Edition Jazz Basses with flamed maple neck and rel flamed maple top, not a photo top... I changed the strings and BAM !

Not in the same league as the KSD that i have but for $179 with case you cannot beat it.

Plus i got number 17 out of 60 total production.

...I'm special ;-)

14. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Eh? How often does the bad fret work come along? >_<

15. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I bought one of their 62 reissue Jazzes that they came out with earlier in the fall. None of the notes past the tenth fret was playable because they were too high. I had it shimmed likes nuts, but it was still unplayable.

~Patrick

16. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Ugh, I relaly hope I get lucky then or I'm gonna see wha tKurt can do...>_<