Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New SX Jazz Bass ordered

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funky Tune, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Just place my order for SX Jazz Bass,this is goin to be my main bass until november when i go to a high end,an my upgraded SX its going to be my back up,but now she is the main atraction,i can,t wait for start playing again before a horrendus car crash,selling all my stuff,having hard times and here i go again,still loving music and mainly playing bass,bad english as well but you understand me,SX Rules.

[​IMG]

:hyper: i can,t wait :D ,for play my baby :bassist:

2. pretty sweet bass! you'll have fun with it!

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    thank you,and they come with D,addario strings,you suggedt me change them?

4. nah i say try them out and see if you like them first...if you don't. then change them

5. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    thank,s..a a friend offered me a pair of Di Marzio pick ups... :D
    lol maybe later,i go with factory settings for the first month.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've never heard of anyone who didn't change them when they got them.....mine turned my fingers black.

7. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    really? mmmm the first day i play the bass with gloves :D

8. idk, i had an SX, with D'adarrio strings and i had no problem...i actually even...(no don't say it!!) liked the strings!!! AHHHH!!!
    i don't think that it is fair that people buy SX basses (or any basses for that matter) just to upgrade them. i bought mine and i had a blast with the factory setup...i'm not saying that people should put up with it, i am just saying that they should really try it out before they upgrade...you never know, you might actually like what you bought!

9. I agree. I bought my SX and thought I would change everything on it but I was so pleased with it from the factory that I don't think I will change anything.

The D'adario strings that came with my SX are nice, in my opinion. They have a good sound and are holding up well. When they die, I will replace them with DR Hi-Beams. For now, they are working out fine.

10. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    DR Hi Beams,ok thank you,later i buy one pack for test them

11. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I have DR High beams on my moded SX Jazz

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

J-retro pre
    Dimarzio Ultra Jazz
    All Parts pickguard
    Badass Bridge II

Yours is gonna be awesome. They're actually extremely good basses and for the price they're freaking incredible. :bassist: have fun :0

12. got the same bass a week or so ago. Finish is beautiful. The neck did need to be set up, and the string tree needed to be screwed down. Changing the strings is a matter of personal preference, but I found them to be way too light, and changed them when I brought it in for the high-grade set-up.

13. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Enjoy your bass. I've been wanting one of those so I could fool around with it -- trick it out with parts, learn more about setup, etc.

From what I've heard, they're the best dollar-for-dollar bass around. Rock on! :bassist:

14. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    FunkyTune,

Good for you, man, you decided on something for right now. That's the best thing to do until your cash gets stronger :bassist:

Good luck with it :cool:

15. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    thanks to all yours,the Talk Bass comunitive help me alot to make a good decision,now i have a decent bass to enjoy,and in november i go to place my order to a high end bass for my pleasure,my christhmas bonus,but my SX never left alone,she goes to take a nice upgrades later........ ;)

16. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    5 minutes ago the big brown truck leave me a big toy,yessssssssss,defnetly is a beauty,my friends here are :eek: no flaws,the strings come in good shape and overall a nice good looking bass,wohooooooooooooooo tomorrow is my day off,i can,t stop to play my baby from this night until tomorrow,yeahhhhhhhh :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

17. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    yupiiiiiiiiiiiii :hyper: yupiiiiiiiii,plug in and nice sound,have a few of fret buzz but i go to adjust the action,the strings are to high,but overall amazing sound for only $120 plus shipping, :D

18. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    yupiiiiiiiiiiiiii nice sound....... :hyper: :D

19. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    yesterday i ordered a Hi Beams Rotosund strings,next is J-Retro pre amp and Bad Ass II bridge with Fender Custom Shop pick ups,mayme a profesional dressyng or wathever it is calllol am adict to my SX my plans to buy a high end are stiop for the moment lol :D