1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New SX on the way. I am so mad at you guys!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZionBound, Apr 21, 2009.

1. ZionBound

ZionBound

Dec 12, 2008
    I have decided that my time here on TB needs to come to an end. Because of all of you I purchased an SX SPB-62 in vintage white. I didn't want to I swear! Its just that every time I hopped on to TB to check up on the buzz of the bass underworld I kept hearing about SX this and SX that and of course I have been to the Rondo website about a trillion times thinking to myself all the while 'wow those basses really are cheap and I could totally get one without breaking the bank just to see how they are.' And so I finally broke down and am awaiting the arrival of my new SX which will be here next week.:hyper: oh wait I mean:mad: This has to end! I can't keep on like this GASing day in and day out. Never having enough and always wanting more.

What am I saying?! I wonder what will get here first the bass or the new pups I ordered to put in the new bass when it gets here.:D And for all of you SX purists don't worry I will definitely give it a whirl right out of the box for at least a few weeks.

2. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    Tell me how it goes. I'm tempted as well.

3. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

You can always set it on fire if you don't like it. :D

4. DRN-PWNS

DRN-PWNS

Sep 13, 2008
    Cochrane alberta
    atleast you only gas for sx's i have the lovely issue of boutique bass GAS

5. ZionBound

ZionBound

Dec 12, 2008
    oh don't get me started on the MTD 535 that I literally dream about. Buckeye Burl top mahogany body, ebony fretboard, Buzz Feitin sytem (which is awesome, I have that system on my Kingston Heir fiver) dual Bartolini soaps that are made only for the 535's and the 3 band pre. oh sweet caroline I want that bass so very bad! This SX is only to numb the pain. I'm wrapping up one mod project and this will be another one to keep me busy.

6. sps500

sps500 In Memoriam

May 19, 2008
    when it arrives...pics pics and more pics please! :)

7. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    haha! Same thing happened to me! I couldn't be happier though. After I did a set up the thing's a beast. I must have gotten really lucky because I haven't found anything out of wack that needs to be replaced either!

Both bands I'm in gave me huge complements of the tone of my SX Jazz when I went down to practice. (Stock pick ups :D) I can't stop playing mine.

I A/B'd my SX Jazz with my friends MIM Fender Jazz after I set it up for him and I just still liked mine better. I'm not sure if it's the 70s pickup spacing on the SX or not contributing to that though. Either way, it's a keeper.

Welcome to the club! :)

8. mndean

mndean

Mar 20, 2009
    California
    I'm having the same experience. There are parts of it that look really cheap, but they're serviceable and I can't complain. I thought I'd be changing tuners and the bridge as soon as I got strings (it's shocking I can't even find a short scale flatwound set in the city, I had to order them), but they're doing their job without hassle and the nut is the only thing I'm really interested in changing. I think it's luck and apparently better QC now. There are duds, but not as many as before from what I've read.

9. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Agreed. Same exact experience. The only thing that really comes across as cheap is the nut. I THOUGHT the bridge was cheap until I saw my friends MIM. (I was curious about the saddles moving when moved by hand and the bass tuned... but his does the same thing...) It looks like the same exact bridge... Tuners could be a bit smoother too, but hell, they hold tune and work well enough for me. :D