Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New System of a Down?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Aug 31, 2001.

1. Does anyone have this album? Comments? I've heard 4 or 5 SOAD songs and liked all of them, and I especially like "Chop Suey!". I was just wondering if anyone had picked it up yet and what they thought of it. Thanks. :)

2. I like Spiders and Sugar.

3. PowerMad

PowerMad

Aug 6, 2001
    Hey Bassline you must be over in the UK because it doesnt come out until next tuesday here in the States. I think SoaD is the most original metal band to be around in a long time and I am really looking forward to the new album.

4. I bought it yesterday, and its a great album. The stand out tracks, for me anyway, are "Forest", "Chop Suey!" and "ATWA", but they're all good. Best metal album of the year so far, but then I haven't heard Iowa yet.

5. Hmmmmm.....I live in the US.
    One of my friends in class told me that it was out already. I haven't had a chance to go to the local cd store yet, so I was just going on his word. Lying bastard. :D

6. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I do like Chop Suey a lot, dunno why, but I do.

7. AlexK

AlexK

Apr 10, 2001
    I have their first album, and I am absolutely in love with it. I can't wait to get the new one.They're really the only metal band out today that I like(the others all sound the same to me).

8. Sept. 4th = me going to the wearhouse to go and get it.

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I got it, it's very, very good. Mr.T says, "i pity the fool who don't buy system of a down!"

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm gonna get as soon as my bro does. He likes SOAD too, so he's gonna buy the album, and I'll just burn a copy...