New System of A down

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by starclown, Dec 12, 2002.

1. I Just got the album (steal this album), and I love it.. Just wondering what you guys think of it..
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't know anything about it.

But I did Steal the book "Steal This Book" which is about some interesting philosphies on anti conformity and mischief(If I remember correctly...that was maybe 4 years ago)

did you steal the album? or buy it? I think if everyone actually stole it and it only sold about 10 copies then System of a Down would kick themselves for trying to be clever.
  3. Well, the album is named: steal this album...

And I bought it.. In my opionion..Always Buy the official cd of a band you really like..
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Isn't this a collection of tracks that didn't make Toxicity? I heard they called it Steal This Album because these tracks have been available online for quite some time.
  5. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    I'm pretty sure you're right blisshead, as I've had a number of the tracks on the new cd for quite a while now.

I still think it's a really cool idea though:)

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I just stole the Steal this Album album (welcome to the department of redundancy department).

This is my favorite disk of theirs. I am way impressed. I like quirky SOAD, and this is quirky all the way though. Very cool.

"Steal" is my new fav SOAD cd much in the same way that "Bleach" is my favorite Nirvana cd, and "The Fragile" is my favorite NIN cd. I don't know why, but I seem to really dig all the cds of bands that most people like the least. Am I weird?
  7. camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    You'd think that me as a mid 30s old metal head wouldn't get into the nu-metal but this is the first band of that genre that I truly think is talented. Musically it's not terribly complex (albeit it's fast), but the arrangements, lyrics, and especially the vocals are great (that guy can wail). It's new and really different and you never know what to expect next. I feel real safe in sayin that these guys will only get bigger and better.