new tax plan

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hogani, Dec 20, 2002.

1. hogani

Jul 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
  2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

We're all over-taxed.
    The "Wealthy" do pay over 60% of the taxes in this country. Believe it or not.
  3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Try the IRS homepage. It's actually more like the top 50% of earners pay 96.09 percent of the income taxes. Yes its true. Just do a little digging.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Believe it or not, it's true.
  5. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Smug tude? Are you referring to me? That kinda makes me laugh when in the same post you say you've forgotten more about taxes than most will ever learn. I mean that's pratically telling people not to mess with you. :) But in truth I know more about government, taxes, politics etc etc than probably 99% of the nation. That's not meant to brag it's just true. Even back in middle school my teachers could not believe the things I knew. I have had debates with retired lawyers about the constitution and absolutely smoked them. I have had people tell me I was their "hero" based on political writings I have done. Again, I am not bragging or trying to be "smug" as you put it, it's just the facts.

I just said to dig deep and its there because you said "source?" That tends to come off as a, "yeah right why should I believe YOU," sorta thing. I was just pointing out it IS there. That's all.
  6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    of course that's the point. without facts to back up claims about facts, why should anyone be expected to believe anything?

for this reason, research papers need bibliographies. simply saying that the info is out there just won't cut it.

7. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Don't be so surprised, you guys. Didn't you (if you didn't vote for him, okay) vote for Bush? Or maybe if you knew, you would have reconsidered but you were too busy going gah-gah over your $500 check in the mail from him. :rolleyes:

Not that a different party in presidency wouldn't have done the same thing, but since Bush is in now, Republicans are going to have to take the heat. And sorry, the Clinton scandal is useless as ad hominem now, as if it ever was a justifiable offense. The only ones to blame are yourselves.
  8. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    So far I haven't seen anyone complaining? I wont have any complaints about it. I don't think its fair if more "wealthy" people get taxed a substantial percent more than the "not so wealthy" people.

Huh? Where's my $500? Dammit...