1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Tc Electronics rh750 and new bass

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by PaPaVB20, May 12, 2011.

1. PaPaVB20

PaPaVB20

Aug 19, 2008
    Hi Janek, hope you´re doing well, just wanted to ask you about the new Tc Electronics RH750, I recently bought a RH450 inspired by bassida and yourself playing thru them, I want to know if there´s any tone or technologic improvment that let someone moving from the 450 to the 750, or is it just the same great tone with couple more power??
    Also congrats on your new Fodera, I´m studying lutherie and I wanted to know what´s different in this new bass compared to the other buckeye 5 string??
    Thank you very much Janek!

2. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Founder and CEO of http://janeksbassstudio.com
    I haven't played the new RH750 yet, TC are sending me one right now, but it hasn't arrived yet... I know that it's pretty much the same great amp but with way more power. I'll post more about it once I've had a chance to check it out.

The new bass is the same specs as the old one, but it's definitely got a different feel to it. I have a balanced DI built into the bass with an XLR output so I guess that's one major difference. And I guess I'll just have to play the instrument a lot more to find out what the differences are.

Janek.

3. hermyinaz

hermyinaz

Feb 14, 2008
    Hey guys do I am not to sure about wattages and stuff but can you play the RH 750 head through the lower wattage speakers tc electronics is currently offering ? Like the Rs 210 or th Rs 212....They are rated at 450 watts but wouldnt a 750 watt head blow the doors off of those speakers ? I was going to buy the head but was reluctant to because I didnt know if those speakers would work....Ok thanks alot,Bryan.

4. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Absolutely. The RS210 is 400watts at 8 ohms. That's a perfect match for the RH750 that will put out much less than 750 watts at 8 ohms. As with any matchup, just listen for the sound of stress on the speakers if you turn the volume up really high, and back off a bit when you notice it.

5. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Janek, if I may ask, what was your thought process in deciding to have a balanced DI in the bass itself?

6. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Founder and CEO of http://janeksbassstudio.com
    the DI was a feature I had on an old bass from 10 years ago and I really liked the way it made things easier in the studio and onstage. No need to worry about carrying a DI, or one being there for you and perhaps being sketchy. And just so simple to have that built into the bass as opposed to dealing with other people's gear and sound choices.

I also like putting a DI direct from the bass to the house to get the absolute clean sound of the bass and having my rig onstage separate from that so sound guys aren't messing with my gear at all. That works well when I'm not using any effects.

Janek

7. PaPaVB20

PaPaVB20

Aug 19, 2008
    Hi Janek, thanks for the reply, my new cab arrived two weeks ago. I love the tone, is so versatile... and the power of the rh450+ 4 x 10 cab is amazing!
    The idea of the DI onboard is great, actually I had a problem in a gig a couple of days ago, it was in a park, and the DI´s were used for acoustic guitars...so I had no DI and that was a nightmare....
    Thanks Janek, for taking the time to answer to my post. Take care!