1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New technique invented

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by jenich CZ, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenich CZ

jenich CZ

Feb 4, 2006
    Its in that part where I drink tea and eat some bread :)

2. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    :eek:

Nice chops!

:bassist:

3. You are a crazy good player. That ending riff is sick.

And that "technique" you used is the same one one handed bassist Bill Clements uses.

4. TyronPotamkin

TyronPotamkin

Dec 12, 2006
    That ending riff was definatly hard, chunky, and break neck groovy. Wicked chops man.:bassist:

5. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    damn, you got some fast fingers there. amazing!

6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Inactive

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I'm not trying to be mean or sarcastic but that technique is not new at all.

7. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    I've seen Vic Wooten do that (on video) while at Guitar Center once. It ain't new but it's definitely sweet and sounds like you got it a good groove going on!

8. Not new but still pretty cool. You have good chops

9. Jonny B

Jonny B

Nov 5, 2006
    WI
    I really dislike seeing stuff like this.

It makes me remember there is a huge hole in my technique.:(

Nice chops bro.

10. justinb515

justinb515

May 23, 2006
    Metropolis,IL
    You gotta be good to be that cocky, and yes, you are that good I think. Fantastic stuff...:cool:

11. DocBop

DocBop

Feb 22, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Where is the new part??? Nothing you did was new.

You have a good chops and have done a good job of copying Victor Wooten. You probably will come up with something new one day. Keep it up.

12. bburk

bburk

Jul 24, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Phhht... I just ate a sandwich at lunch, big deal.

j/k nice chops. :)

13. Didn't care for the Bill Clements-esque tapping as much as the insanely groovy Victor-like stuff towards the beginning. Great playing!!

14. man i gotta say that i usually really, really dislike seeing that kinda stuff up on youtube. but... man they are some really good chops you got there. and, even better than that i loved your sense of humour. thats what did it for me. brilliant! :)

all the best,
    andy.

15. jenich CZ

jenich CZ

Feb 4, 2006
    Thanx guys...I really appreciate that.

BUT, I gues the technique is pretty new...I know Bill Clements technique...its fast tapping with left hand...but thats something different:

I transformed left hand percussions whne you play slap bass. You slap the strings with your fingers, so I found out, that i can get two percussive sounds when i hit strings with middle and than with the ring. Than I just add tapped root note with an index finger.

16. jenich CZ

jenich CZ

Feb 4, 2006
    really? s**t...I think, that i saw all of them...Could you give me a ling, please? Thx

17. what I liked about that bit, is that you could get nice slap tones from your left hand and at the same time able to mix in some full-tone notes. How did you accomplish these? with pull offs?

18. jenich CZ

jenich CZ

Feb 4, 2006
    Oh my...here we go again :)

Well...I know the begining sounds like him...yes...but try to look at my other videos. You know, its hard to play muted DT technique today and be considered as a pioneer. Same thing like in the days of Larry Graham - when you used your thumb when playing : Yeah man, thats serious Larry Graham stuff...

try theese two:

19. jenich CZ

jenich CZ

Feb 4, 2006
    Actually theese full-tones come mostly from index finger. That one only tapps with a full force to get a non-percussive tone. Also there are some fills, but the basic 16 note groove is like I´ve said above.

20. Very clever technique but where is the music? The second link above was getting towards some musicality but the others are just cold technique!!!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.