1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW - The "V2" P Bass Rest from Zero-Mod!

Discussion in 'TalkBass Bazaar: Straps and Accessories' started by groucho, Aug 2, 2015.

1. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    I have it out with two "test pilots" now - This 2nd edition of my "no mods" P Bass rest.
    Made the first one by hand and I love it, but I need feedback from other
    finger style P Bass players before going into cranking them out . If the reaction
    from both these guys is good then it should be out by end of August.

Coming soon - Alt version Ric 4003 4001 Rest
    Fender Jaguar Rest
    Ric 4004 Cheyenne Rest
    Classic Fender direct Replacement Rest (with lower profile)
    The Jazz 3, to cover yet more types of Jazz Bass.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    GKon likes this.
  2. bonz - darrell

bonz - darrell Previously known as: darrellj

Jun 5, 2012
    Sidney, BC, Canada
    These look pretty cool as a no-mod way to add a thumb rest -- especially on a vintage bass where you really don't want to add holes, but would like to have something to rest your thumb on.

How about a design for an old-school Telecaster bass (1968 in this case)????

Here's my '68 with refinished body but original clear pickguard.
    2015-08-05 17.33.15.jpg
    I made a rose wood thumb rest and drilled it so that it uses the pickguard screw hole right above the pickup, and the first pickup cover hole. I had to notch the bottom of the rest to sit nicely over the edge of the pick guard.

It would be cool to figure out how to make one that only uses the pickguard screw hole...

2015-08-11 08.12.53.jpg 2015-08-11 08.13.13.jpg

3. sleepyEDB

sleepyEDB

Jul 31, 2014
    Metro Detroit
    Any pictures of it in use for those of us with visualization issues?

sleepy

Dominic DeCosa likes this.
  4. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Bonz, I have been trying to come up with one for the Tele bass...A tough nut to crack.
    Have not given up yet!
    Sleepy - if you go to Home you can see installed pics.

Apologies for the delay in reply - Was in the hospital and other not fun things side tracking me from keeping up on this ad!

5. sleepyEDB

sleepyEDB

Jul 31, 2014
    Metro Detroit
    Ha, well that's embarrassing. Why didn't I think to go to the website for product information...duh! :facepalm:

sleepy

groucho likes this.
  6. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    :D Been there done that! NOTE - Please confirm fit fit before ordering ( although we will refund you if you don't like it)
    There are variations of the P Bass it does not fit. If you have an anodized guard I have to do a mod to the rest to get the fit right
    and from then on will only fit an anodized guard.