New Things At F Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Geoff St. Germaine, Mar 18, 2002.

1. I visited the F Bass website for the first time in a couple of weeks, and boy was I surprised. George is pumping out a few really custom F Basses. There are some really nice pictures of these basses. The basses that are showing right now are:

BNF5 Lightwave
    Alain Caron 6 Lightwave
    Alain Caron 7 piezos only (as far as I can see)
    BN5 George's Signature

They are really beautiful looking instruments. Thought you guys might be interested.

2. man, those F-basses rule!!! I want one !!! GAS!!!!!
  3. G

Apr 12, 2000
    I would like to see the 6 strign version of the GFC bass. Looks like a good idea to me. I love those F basses!
  4. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Apparently the BN4s are now factory production instruments...any word on a price decrease? Pleez? :)
  5. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Now how can I resist an F w/ an F-hole?!!!
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Every time I see an F Bass, the more I want one.
  7. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Same here. And the way they sound... man. I just can't justify spending that amount of money on an instrument yet (mind you, I would have to pay for shipment and add 25% V.A.T. to the price as soon as it got here)... money which I don't have anyway.
  8. 9k for the Alain Caron signature 7 :(
    Speaking of Alain Caron, he's gonna be coming to my city soon and holding a demonstration at a music store. I think I'll go and try to meet him cause he's one of my favorite bass players and supposed to be a really nice guy.
  9. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    I just sold one of the new BN-4 basses at my shop and just got in another! I gotta say it might be the BEST 4 string I've EVER played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. :D
    Well I finally got two basses that relieved my gas, I've had the Caron for a year, and found the custom 28 fret used about 3 months ago, I'm totally in love. The picture does neither of them justice, but the fretted bass is on the old picture section at the F-bass site (pg-3 far right, the figured/spalted maple top)
  11. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ok, *** is up with the picture on the f bass home page. that doesnt exactly sell me on a f.
  12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  13. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    not that theres anything wrong with that:p
  14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I like the way that George and company make the grain jump out at you on the ash bodied models.

15. Now, if he'd just make a neck that didn't scream "SMALL HANDS ONLY" when I try to touch it, I'd sell a testicle to get it...
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Peter, I heard somewhere about a gov. program that'll give you 75,000 for one healthy testicle. Probably not true, but, if you REALLY want an F-bass...
  17. I'll pass.
  18. Do you mean thickness, width, or both?

Just curious.

19. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I thought the necks looked large and/or average to me...
  20. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    REALLY?!! Hell, I have two testicles, I can spare one for gear! :D