1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Thompson Hybrid

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Dubbin, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Hopefully this photo worked. I recently upgraded to this new Thompson Hybrid. Many thanks to all the folks that advised me. It sure plays nicely and has a fine, deep tone. It is setup with spirocores and has a Realist metal pickup. Steve at the String Emporium was easy to work with and very helpful. I'll post a more in depth review and better pictures in the future after I am a bit more familiar with the new bass. I've been on cloud nine and only wish I had more time to play it. For the second photo the flash washed out the dark oil varnish a bit. In person the color is more like the first photo.

IMG_4168.

IMG_4163.

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Congrats!

3. Thanks Deck! Now I have to figure out how to make it sing.

4. Congratulations!

5. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    very nice looking bass.. congrat brother!

6. Philster31

Philster31

Jan 26, 2010
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I shopped all over the place looking for a decent upright that was less than $2500. The Thompson is the best, by far, and Steve at String Emporium was great to deal with! Very helpful regarding the bass, comparisons with other bases, string selection, set up advice, etc., everything was just very professional. I would highly recommend this company and this bass!

7. I've been playing mine for a year now and really like it. No problems. The first bass in our fiddle orchestra tried it tonight and was very impressed. When I first saw this message this evening I didn't realize it was my old message. I thought there was a "new" Thompson Hybrid and my first thought was why? the "old" one is great. It's a lot of bass for the money.

8. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    To which basses did you compare it? That would be useful information for evaluating your "best, by far" judgment. Thanks and congrats on the bass!. ;)

9. Eric Swanson

Eric Swanson

Oct 8, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Congratulations! May you play it long, well, and with great joy!